Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on post the other day getting out of my car and getting ready for another fun filled day of Air Assault School when a group of Soldiers pass by. I heard some of them talking about my car (mainly it was this one female Soldier speaking to one of her instructors) The comments were "who gets an Audi?" "Audis are such chick cars!" "Men drive trucks". Needless to say I was pretty pissed. I didn't say anything cause even though I'm an officer getting into an altercation in a parking lot is a good way of getting me kicked out of school. Just wanted to share and see if anyone else had anything like that said about their 5 or any Audi in general.

On another note I saw, what looks to be brand new, RS4 tonight. I didn't get a chance to speak the ower but the car is freaking awesome looking.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I think it's a US thang.

...not over here in the UK... however, convertibles and even TTs are deemed a bit 'girlie' over here...

as for "Men drive trucks" I would suggest she's a red neck/hick... in her eyes I expect men also fight in cheap bars, slap their women around when drunk, have a gun-rack in the truck (so they can shoot road-signs) and have a remarkable 'family' resemblance to their spouse.

...I expect she thinks women live in trailers too?

Forget it. I suggest she's not too smart or worldly wise.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
...not over here in the UK... however, convertibles and even TTs are deemed a bit 'girlie' over here...

as for "Men drive trucks" I would suggest she's a red neck/hick... in her eyes I expect men also fight in cheap bars, slap their women around when drunk, have a gun-rack in the truck (so they can shoot road-signs) and have a remarkable 'family' resemblance to their spouse.

:D hahahaaah. Nice one Ian.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

Exactly! x2 please. :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
She deff sounds like a "whiskey tango" if she thinks all guys drive only trucks haha

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
She probably is a kind of person that doesn't know where Europe is located, probably doesn't even know the capital city of UK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great to see a fellow dope on a rope! They still make you guys low crawl in the drainage ditches to "look for sharks"? Maybe that was only me and a couple other guys :p And they actually pay you guys enough to afford a car like that now? Officer or not (sir), I'm all kinds of bitter...

A couple things you seem to have not considered:

1) You are in Tennessee; Clarksville no less.

2) You're at the heart of one of the finest (combat ready) military units in the United States Army, where even the chicks eat rocks for breakfast!

Fortunately for me, I'm sitting in sunny Silicon Valley. Los Gatos to be more specific, where the folks who do drive giant hick transporters pamper them as much as folks like us with Audi's ;-) So, I personally haven't had anything like this happen to me, yet.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
If she likes men in trucks/pick ups then that says more about her than the car. Of course, I am only working on the stereotype image of a male american that drives a pick-up.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
If she likes men in trucks/pick ups then that says more about her than the car. Of course, I am only working on the stereotype image of a male american that drives a pick-up.
Are we talking Art Garfunkel ?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
441 Posts
LOL.. thats awesome!

your dead on Ian. Thats another reason to stay in Europe

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Are these the Road signs?

Ablenkung

Straße Hat Geschlossen

·
Registered
145 Posts

+1 good one

Just a thought, usually some girls never appreciate to someone who is better than them.was she blond or brunette.just curious?
Oh,BTW..She might be big fan of Sarah Palin;)

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Girls with slighly above average IQ won't drop comments like that. So either way and it's not worth your time to care what she has to say. Keep it professional.

And to actually think a truck looks or is better than a Audi, especially the S5/A5 model, is just down right ignorant and she don't know much about cars in general... or how the rest of the world looks. She probably just things "big truck" = "big dick" and that's her way of picking her man to marry...

It's a pretty weird thing in the US that trucks are so damn popular. I've lived in California for over a year and the truck phenomena was one of the first things I noticed about the car culture.

She would feel pretty out of place if she ever travelled outside of the US and saw what the world is like and how ridicolusy big the cars are in the US... all due to crazy low gas prices. Trucks are truly "out of place" if you ever see one here in Europe. It's like "who are you trying to impress...?"

·
Registered
198 Posts
In most parts of this area you would be made fun of for driving a pick-up truck . . . . if your not plowing or a construction worker . . .

·
Registered
685 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but I see you are in TN and that's where the "truck" comment comes from. Slap her up side the head. The A5/S5 is anything BUT a chicks car. It is sex on wheels and mean as hell looking with the power to back it up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This makes me think, I wonder if they make a gun rack for the A5, possibly throw a towing wench on the front and some KC lights on top, then rub the whole car down with bloody steaks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Man, you need to get thicker skin if a ******* chick who has no clue about what a good car is knocks yours. Let her go back to her boyfriend/cousin. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.