Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question
I know someone looking at a 2010 A5 s-line Coupe and they have been to pick it up 3 times and the engine light has come back on. Light was on, on the original test drive they were still to have it fixed for certification. Second time light came one was to not changing oil after replacing #2 injector gas leaked into oil. Third time light was of after #1 injector was replaced but not sure oil change was done. On the third time it was test drive scanned with no codes then drove it back to dealer and once shut off and restarted the light was on once again.
According to the European dealer injectors are not common to be changed on the 3.2L engine.
Should this person walk away ?
Car only has 125,000km

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
I had a 3.2 and I loved her, kept her from about 100k up to 200k kms without any major problems. BUT if the engine light is on I would certainly look for another.....UNLESS the price is really low.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a 3.2 and I loved her, kept her from about 100k up to 200k kms without any major problems. BUT if the engine light is on I would certainly look for another.....UNLESS the price is really low.
price is very good $12,000 certified but I worry the money won’t be there to repair it if something else happens after they get it fixed for the forth time.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I thought the A5's have the 2.0 engine, and the S5 has the 3.2 engine? If it's the 2.0 engine, then stay far far away. Too many problems that will cause catastrophic engine failure with that mileage.

Audi didn't fix all of the 2.0 engine's problem until 2013.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
No Alex mate, the 3200 V6 normally aspirated engine (rated at 265 horses) was fitted to the A5 just for a few years with 2WD or 4WD and the slushbox auto. The S5 was V8 4200 and now 3.0 turbo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts