Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a sad day on Thursday, waving goodbye to my mapped S5 with every option under the sun. I just could not justify the £25k value sitting on the driveway growing moss since I no longer use the car for work after a change of jobs, and we have a family bus for other duties.

So I now need a replacement car for occasional use. Happy to go older and higher mileage. I might look at a tune if it doesn't have one already. I'm looking up to around £10k. And I still want to have fun. But I've found a wide selection I'd be happy to consider.

Mapped S3's 2.0
S4's 3.0
S5's 3.0
S6's 5.2
S8's 5.2

I've found some S5 hatchbacks fully loaded. S8 are very well specced anyway. I'm not worried about running costs, it won't do many miles. I've also eyed up some supercharged jags (4.2 and 5.0 XF/XJ)

Obviously I know how the S4 and S5 will feel.

Will I be dissappointed with the S3 engine after a mapped S5 (mine was ~470bhp). I've seen a stage 2 S3 getting on for 400bhp.

What's the 5.2 engine in the S6/S8 like in comparison? Something primal in me what's the S8.

Anyone had the Jag?

Any other suggestions?

·
Administrator
406 Posts
As the S3 has 4 cylinders and is turbocharged I think you will miss the noise of 6 cylinders and find that you have to work the engine into much higher revs even for daily driving. It can sound quite thrashy. Go drive one (or all of them!) and see what you think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately what with lockdown it's hard to take a weekend to visit various for sale cars and take them for a spin... I could be patient and wait of course but who knows then this will be over!

But you have echoed my concerns, so I'll rule out the S3!
That is indeed the S8 I had been drooling over!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.