Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had the car in for a service visit and while I was there the service guy said there is a recall for a software reflashing. I figure, ok whatever...get my car back and yesterday I noticed, when my lights are in the "off" position, there are no DRL's at all now. Also, the 3rd setting has the DRL's on, but they are dim. There is now no way to have the DRL's on at full power. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else have an '08 in for service and have the software update?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
So I had the car in for a service visit and while I was there the service guy said there is a recall for a software reflashing. I figure, ok whatever...get my car back and yesterday I noticed, when my lights are in the "off" position, there are no DRL's at all now. Also, the 3rd setting has the DRL's on, but they are dim. There is now no way to have the DRL's on at full power. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else have an '08 in for service and have the software update?
Ccompton got the flash and lost his "mods", but he did not report what you are...

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oh No..... I don't like the sound of this

If they did mine and turned mine to dim i would make them take it back :mad:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ccompton got the flash and lost his "mods", but he did not report what you are...

Just for clarity, my car was/is completely stock.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yes, after refleshing all coding mods will be reset to factory defaults.

That's it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
415 Posts
Check the MMI under "Exterior Lighting" and make sure DRLs are turned on. There's no reason for that to have changed, but it's also an easy thing to try yourself.

Otherwise, the answer is obvious...take it back and make them fix it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
anyone have the scoop on the details of this software update?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Eeek how annoying.

Oh No..... I don't like the sound of this

If they did mine and turned mine to dim i would make them take it back :mad:
Haha I have a few words with them and be on the phone to DD in seconds.

Have you got used to Indicating again yet Deano? lol Im still forget loads.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
There is now no way to have the DRL's on at full power. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else have an '08 in for service and have the software update?
Yes, this happened to me shortly after I got my car (back when I had my '08 A5) and took it to the dealer to have them activate the voice control for the phone. Well, I guess whatever the service guy did must have changed some of my original MMI settings because when I got home, I realized my DRLs were not on (and btw I keep my headlight switch to 'Off' during the day). So, as Dave mentioned, I checked "Exterior Lighting" in MMI and sure enough the DRLs were switched to 'off'. So, I'm guessing a similar thing happened to you. Let us know the outcome, though.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Eeek how annoying.

Haha I have a few words with them and be on the phone to DD in seconds.

Have you got used to Indicating again yet Deano? lol Im still forget loads.
:rotfl: Slowly robb slowly... I keep coming up to junctions and remembering at the last minuet LOL

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep...problem solved. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
750 Posts
FYI...sometimes the dealer will reset your "stock" MMI settings to what they were before the reflash (sometimes they don't). All of the VAG_COM mods are let go. It sounds like your dealer didn't restore your stock MMI changes.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yes, after refleshing all coding mods will be reset to factory defaults.

That's it.
This is false. Just got back from vacation and went about redoing my VAG mods. Apparently, only mod that was altered was the DRLs. My lap-timer, voice commands, seat belt chime, hidden menus etc were all still there.

The way the Audi Tech had explained the process to me was your car is hooked up LIVE / directly to Audi, Germany and a whole diagnostic + update is done and sent remotely. This takes about an hour or so. The system then boots off automatically, and the Tech then has to complete the remainder of the update locally.

Nothing else has changed as far as I can tell. Now time to youtube a clip of the gmg downpipes + milltek exhaust combo! :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts