Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen everything that's possible with the Vag-Com cables and software, but i'm curious to hear from you guys from all those various things, what have you ACTUALLY done and use on your A5/S5?

I'll start:
- Roll windows down with key (and moonroof raise)
- Remove the front headlights wink on turn signal
- Audi Drive Select - Default to Individual
- Remove seat belt chime

I think that was it for me....so let's hear yours!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Don't want to be a drag on your post, but most people put their VAC-COM updates in their signature. :thumbsup:

Cheers

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've seen that, but you don't think it would be convenient to have a thread where at least people like you that do it reply, so that we have it all in one place instead of having to look at each thread?

Plus, i'm equally interested to hear what folks' feelings on them are.

For example, initially i didn't do the Sealt Belt chimer, and i super regretted it. Or if i did a mod that i used way more than i ever thought i would.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Hi
Can I ask what the Audi Drive select does changing it to individual? - is this on all A5's?

Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope, it's an addon package (although i think u can get it on an S5 through VAG-COM)

But basically the VAG-COM tweak lets me have the car start up automatically on the "Individual" setting (by default it's AUTO, so then you always have to manually change it). So with Individual, i can go into my car setup and adjust the engine, steering & suspension, and then it's like that every time i start it up!

·
Registered
168 Posts
nope, it's an addon package (although i think u can get it on an S5 through VAG-COM)

But basically the VAG-COM tweak lets me have the car start up automatically on the "Individual" setting (by default it's AUTO, so then you always have to manually change it). So with Individual, i can go into my car setup and adjust the engine, steering & suspension, and then it's like that every time i start it up!
but that doesn't work if u got the Radio system not mmi.. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Seems like a good idea actually, I would just request that you attach the best link on how to do so beside each one. That way it would really be one stop shopping to get anyone started.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was told that the ambient lighting is only available with full MMI when i spoke to the dealer.

Is this the case?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was hoping someone here can help me ....

i got a cable from china and it came with the vagcom software but when i try to use it, it says i need to upgrade firmware to the 1.84 and it wont let me go further ... has anyone else had that issue ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

i got a cable from china and it came with the vagcom software but when i try to use it, it says i need to upgrade firmware to the 1.84 and it wont let me go further ... has anyone else had that issue ?
contact Ross-Tech: Home and give them all your information, they make that software

·
Registered
42 Posts
removed seat belt chime
lap timer
disable wink
auto up/down windows
ambient lighting
splash screen changed to S5
Audi drive select
air vent circulation on timer
video in motion
i've played around with making the different front light respond to different commands
-needle sweep, econ mode already came with car

·
Registered
212 Posts

Yeah, in other words you paid close ot nothing for something someone in CHina stole from rosstech.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
removed seat belt chime
lap timer
disable wink
auto up/down windows
ambient lighting
splash screen changed to S5
Audi drive select
air vent circulation on timer
video in motion
i've played around with making the different front light respond to different commands
-needle sweep, econ mode already came with car
What is the air vent circulation on timer? is this option on all A5's?

cheers

JB

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I managed to find a full or nearly full list of vag-com mods and procedures which I have on my pc at home.

Ones I have done or had done are:-

Needle sweep on start up
Battery meter indicator in MMI (of no use really)
DRL wink on on indication
Activated healdight washers pump V11 after retrofit
Xenon headlights programmed from halogens
one touch unlocking (Cant stand double click on key ring) or this may be via MMI screen.

JB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeh i returned the cable and software no more fake stuff :)

But i was wondering is there anyone in the Chicago Area that wouldnt mind me stopping by and clearing the seatbelt chime ... thats really all i wanted the cable for (well to start)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Agree & my list

Agree with the VAG COM Enthusiast page, most everything is there. My list is in the signature (after I figured out how to do it) :wall:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts