Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, I'm considering putting up my car up for sale this weekend. I'm so bored of it, and seeing so many on the road. Anyone else with a similar sentiment?

Anyone interested in a trade perhaps? Will consider Sprint Blue or Quartz Grey.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry to hear about that...

We definitely don't have that problem here...since so few have been delivered, there are definitely not many to be found. In fact, it wasn't until last night that I saw my first S5/A5 "in the wild". The missus and I went out to dinner in my shiny new S5 that I picked up over the weekend, and as we were leaving, my jaw hit the floor board because of a silver S5 in the parking lot. I almost had a mind to go back into the restaurant to make a loud announcement to figure out who's car it was...

I think I will enjoy the wow factor for quite some time...and the handling through the twisties is unreal, regardless of the color!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I love my white M3, but alas I must say goodbye to it soon when the S5 comes in...More of a fan of the older M3, or course...here are some pics of mine below. I've never really seen any white M3's around where I live, then again there aren't many M3's around haha.

I keep thinking everyone has the Meteor Gray S5, but I can't make a decision on if I should change. I really like the look of it though. Good luck on pondering your decision!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I never see an S5 let alone my color.

I would go with the blue if you do switch, something attracts me to the blue. Or black. Silver is also nice.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen 3 White S5s in my area, and 1 white A5 just last week.
There are 3 White M3s just in my building, and a friend bought a white one about 2 weeks ago.

All within a 15mile radius, so yea, I'm sick of white lol.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
White is for pants!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Je ne regrette rien!! Lots of compliments about how good it looks in white. If everyone had the same taste it would be a sad, sad world!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
well if u hate it so much ill trade u my black A5 for your white S5?haha

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Seriously, I'm considering putting up my car up for sale this weekend. I'm so bored of it, and seeing so many on the road. Anyone else with a similar sentiment?

Anyone interested in a trade perhaps? Will consider Sprint Blue or Quartz Grey.
Haha I've had 3 white cars before and feel exactly the same way. I actually ordered my car originally in Ibis White and it was like 2 weeks before I realized I would probably get tired of it and switched to Ice Silver and then later Quartz Grey.

There are good white colors that are more exciting like Lexus' Royal Sapphire Pearl, but flat white like Ibis makes it look like a fleet vehicle IMO.

-Ray

·
Registered
371 Posts
there is a rule of thumb when buying one of the most sexy cars ever made and it goes...

When buying anything nice, don't [email protected]#$ it up by getting a white one! Yeah they look new and nice in the showroom but the very next day it already looks two years old. Plus nothing says boring quite like white.

I ordered an A5 s line in Monza Silver. I wasn't sure about the color until I went to www.audi.com and built an s line a4 and found that I liked monza silver better than every other color.

here are some screens of quartz first, then monza second, and ibis last.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
To each his own.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
To each his own.

Plenty of Mods

I'd rather stick with being a Rocker and go with Phantom Black:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
In my area there are generally a lot of white cars, but I've yet to see an a5/S5 with the same color and none of the other car manufacturers white looks as good as it does on a a5/s5...and btw it still looks great months after picking it up from the showroom. I think at night is when it really stands out and gets more attention from other drivers.

·
Registered
371 Posts
and btw it still looks great months after picking it up from the showroom. I think at night is when it really stands out and gets more attention from other drivers.
I was exaggerating about the 2 day thing. It's just white during the day never has the shine/reflection needed to wow people. During the dusk hours it does better and has more shine/reflection but as a whole many other colors will look brand new for years to come because they have a high shine and reflective paint that can look good day or night.

I have found some examples.

The first is a very pretty white A5 sline with 20" that while brand new, even during dusk has a flat non reflective shine.

The second is an A5 with s5 grill after detailed that still has almost no reflection on the body.

The third is a phatom black S5 with 20" and has a beautiful shine/reflection.

The last is a black A5 sline with a very good amount of relection and shine.

all the cars are almost the same age give or take a few months and yet the two darker cars look brand new.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
I haven't seen too many A5's or S5's down here in San Jo. Vietnamese people only drive Mercedes and BMW, so I stand out.

But you are right, there are a lot of white cars. However, whatever color you choose to get... you will always notice that color on the street, and will always be disappointed that you aren't the only one.

·
Registered
750 Posts
We definitely don't have that problem here...since so few have been delivered, there are definitely not many to be found. In fact, it wasn't until last night that I saw my first S5/A5 "in the wild". The missus and I went out to dinner in my shiny new S5 that I picked up over the weekend, and as we were leaving, my jaw hit the floor board because of a silver S5 in the parking lot. I almost had a mind to go back into the restaurant to make a loud announcement to figure out who's car it was...

I think I will enjoy the wow factor for quite some time...and the handling through the twisties is unreal, regardless of the color!

Hi 09,

I live in TX too, and I have seen 3 different Phantom Black S5s (not including Sizzle's when he lived here)...besides mine. Oh well... still looks good.

Alwin,

Apparently, PB is the new white... :D

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
There are basic observations at play here, and of course it all just comes down to opinion.

White reflects so much light that during the day, all you see is the basic outline of the vehicle encasing a big mass of white. The only details you can make out are the hard edges because they throw contrasting shadows. At night, the reflections stand out more, but of course there is less light to reflect in the first place -- so it looks best at dusk, well-lit cities, the showroom, or gas station where there are lots of flourescent lights around.

Black on the other hand accentuates reflections, and because you can see the reflections wrap around the curvature of the car, black has a tendency to exaggerate the curves, which is great because it makes the fenders look even more flared than they already are. The reflections are so plentiful, though, that this can obscure the actual lines of the car, like the signature A5/S5 swooping beltline, or any dark accents like the black grille of the A5.

Every other color in between is some kind of compromise between hard edges and curvacious reflection, plus the complexity of the paint if you happen to choose a metallic color.

At that point, as Rezox said, "to each his own"

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.