Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and destroyed it.

So I was on my way home over the Thanksgiving holiday, took I95 north towards Washinton DC and right as i was getting onto 495 to head up to Bethesda I see a shinny new IS-F approaching rapidly in my rear view. Now having herd/read about this car (5.0L V8 416hp, 371tq and 0-60 in 4.6sec) I did not anticipate keeping up with, let alone surpassing this "great" piece of Japanese engineering, how ever I do like to have some fun every now and then, so I let him pass me and get a little ways ahead of me, dropped it into 3rd and romped on it. I pass him, slowdown we are now even doing roughly 75mph and then I floor it again and so does he, we are even till about 90mph where I shift to fourth and then, much to my surprise I begin to pull away from him. I got about 2 car lengths passed him, hit 135 and we slowed down back to 70. Now comes the fun part, as i am nearing my exit on 495 the amount of traffic increased somewhat dramatically, but not so much to prevent some weaving. Now, behind me the IS-F attempts to follow me through the cars, he stays with me for about thirty seconds and then falls back. We go at ti a couple more time, each with the same result. I reach my exit, happens to be his as well, we wave and go on our way.

Now I doubt the results would have been this way if we had gone at it from a stand still but then again I was/still am surprised that i beat him on the highway, maybe he was a bad driver?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'd love to say it was the S5 but let's face it, he's a lexus driver, afraid to express himself, oozing smugness with german build quality and (recently) performance but didn't pay the german price tag.

Screw him mate, it's a toyota camry with a V8.

You can put lipstick on a pig but you can't make it dance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or maybe he thought why am i playing games at speeds that could kill me, i stopped doing that when i grew up!! lol

I know, but every once in a while the throttle-happy child rears his nasty head.

·
Registered
138 Posts
grandpa grant has spoken
Not a case of "grandpa", its a case of racing on a public road at 135mph, weaving, sounds very safe for other road uses!! Im not saying i dont drive at speed, but racing to prove my cars faster than yours and putting other people in danger, not clever is it??? :(?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Lexus driver is obviously blessed with brains and didn't want to kill anyone . . . give your head a shake:mad:

and by the way . . . the S5 couldn't live with the IS-F speed wise.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...what's more amazing is that you beat him even with 2.5 tonnes of illuminated ghetto-blaster in your trunk. ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not a case of "grandpa", its a case of racing on a public road at 135mph, weaving, sounds very safe for other road uses!! Im not saying i dont drive at speed, but racing to prove my cars faster than yours and putting other people in danger, not clever is it??? :(?
Actually I am a grandpa twice over now but I hope I never "grow up "completely grantshel. On occasion when I have judged that I am not displaying unusual recklessness I too will let my vehicles stretch their legs a bit. It is always a judgement call and some people make bad judgements and the price can be high unfortunately. Then again have you never passed someone on a two lane when it would have been safer to follow? Not clever is it? Life is a risky business but life without risk is closer to death than life. One can debate these issues incessantly without consensus, but it is somewhat condescending on your part to criticize anyone who displays a degree of impulsiveness that you define as recklessness. When I have driven in England or Germany even "at speed" the risk seems higher than my impulsive episodes of driving on our relatively open roads. It is all a matter of perspective I guess. Just my rambling thoughts sitting in the hospital today doing C-Sections, vaginal deliveries, robotic gynecological surgery--benign and malignant with U.S. attorneys waiting for a mishap on my part. Risk? Never heard of it.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
As said, the S5 isn't a match for the ISF when it comes to speed. If he wanted to, he could have "destroyed" you.

·
Registered
338 Posts
As said, the S5 isn't a match for the ISF when it comes to speed. If he wanted to, he could have "destroyed" you.
Enlighten me Rab88. I am not familiar at all with the ISF but on Lexus website 0-60 in 4.6 sec. and 1/4 mile in 13.0 sec. Edmunds review of S5 confirms 0-60 in 4.9 (some others at 4.6 or so) 1/4 mile in 13.3 seconds. Doesn't seem all that much different so destroying the S5 may be a bit dramatic. I have no idea about actual track data.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The usual "Look at the size of my d*ck"

Why do people have to be so naive to believe they got a "kill" in situations like this? If this is how you behave in business you're probably heading for the pink slip line that starts just outside of H/R.

Who cares whether you "won" or not? I do. My wife does. My kids do. My best friend does. As do yours.

If you want to show all of us here how big your d*ck is then take your car to the track and let's see how good you really are. Anything on the road is just m*sturbation.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Why do people have to be so naive to believe they got a "kill" in situations like this? If this is how you behave in business you're probably heading for the pink slip line that starts just outside of H/R.

Who cares whether you "won" or not? I do. My wife does. My kids do. My best friend does. As do yours.

If you want to show all of us here how big your d*ck is then take your car to the track and let's see how good you really are. Anything on the road is just m*sturbation.
Geez Le Chef. Lighten up a bit. These sites are not about life and death or even the real world. Equating driving exuberance with likelihood of business world failure is frankly silly. Are you not competitive when participating in sports, cards, chess, checkers or whatever? So if I "kick your arse" on the basketball court and briefly inflate my ego because of it I am more likely to fail in the real world? Absolutely nonsense. Many of us have been on the track before but that doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable once in awhile to "play" outside of the track. If having fun whether while driving a car sportingly, playing sports even in "old age" and enjoying winning ("a kill") is considered "m*sturbation" then many of us will have a perpetual smile on our faces. When is the last time you smiled?:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tell me when you get out of Pampers

Geez Le Chef. Lighten up a bit. These sites are not about life and death or even the real world. Equating driving exuberance with likelihood of business world failure is frankly silly. Are you not competitive when participating in sports, cards, chess, checkers or whatever? So if I "kick your arse" on the basketball court and briefly inflate my ego because of it I am more likely to fail in the real world? Absolutely nonsense. Many of us have been on the track before but that doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable once in awhile to "play" outside of the track. If having fun whether while driving a car sportingly, playing sports even in "old age" and enjoying winning ("a kill") is considered "m*sturbation" then many of us will have a perpetual smile on our faces. When is the last time you smiled?:D
If you want to be childish about this kind of stuff, go ahead. But I get my thrills on the track where I'm with a bunch of people who know what they're doing and choose to be there, and we can compete under controlled conditions - your basketball court. I don't go terrorizing a bunch of people on the road, who don't want to be involved in someone's pseudo racing adventures.

At the end of the day you know you can't beat another car with better performance stats fairly unless you take it to the track, and then it's about driving skill. Your response is frankly naive and shallow, and a "kill" on the road, as boasted about above, quickly and literally becomes exactly that. If you can afford an S5 you can afford track time and training.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you want to be childish about this kind of stuff, go ahead. But I get my thrills on the track where I'm with a bunch of people who know what they're doing and choose to be there, and we can compete under controlled conditions - your basketball court. I don't go terrorizing a bunch of people on the road, who don't want to be involved in someone's pseudo racing adventures.

At the end of the day you know you can't beat another car with better performance stats fairly unless you take it to the track, and then it's about driving skill. Your response is frankly naive and shallow, and a "kill" on the road, as boasted about above, quickly and literally becomes exactly that. If you can afford an S5 you can afford track time and training.
I believe you are the one who equated driving with success or lack thereof in real life so I would be careful deciding who is naive and shallow. If you will notice I placed "kill" in context. I never described driving in the real world as a "kill" and neither did the author of this thread. YOU interjected the "kill" description. I merely highlighted the stupidity of the analogy. I am not promoting irresponsibility in any aspect of life and good judgement is always wise. Is driving aggressively irresponsible--many times yes whether it is on the autobahn or not. My point was purely to point out that your analogy was/is ludicrous. I am sure you have never punched your porsche except on the track. Yes I can afford track time and have done so on multiple occasions--so what does that have to do with your asinine analogy?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm glad you finally get it.
I never did not get it. Being pompous with your reply was expected and doesn't even offend me given the circumstances. May you enjoy your automotive throne as you look down on us mere destined to fail subjects and please please obey EVERY traffic law at all times for fear of being labeled irresponsible and likely to fail in life. Enough said (and then some).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
...what's more amazing is that you beat him even with 2.5 tonnes of illuminated ghetto-blaster in your trunk. ;)
Lol well the car was built for sound quality, not ghetto bass and its not my DD, but yes i did think about that

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Guys I would like to point out that it was late on Saturday night, traffic was very light and only for a brief period and the IS-F driver was being the pompous driver flashing his high beams at others in the fast lane to get out of his way, so I had a rare urge to "play", this is not an often occurence

·
Registered
18 Posts
driving 135 in a public road? you fail big time. I had a friend who died because of idiots like you. He was driving home from his girl friend's house on sunday night but these street racing bastards crashed into him...I am sorry but I get really angry when this kind of posts shows up.

you shouldn't be driving like an idiot. Take it to the track please...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.