Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my name is Alejandro and I live in Prague. I have been enjoying my Audi A5 for almost two months already.
Here are some photos:

:)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And more.;)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome Alejandro

Great pics,car looking good :cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Beautiful car! Welcome!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome Alejandro

Great pics,car looking good :cool:
Thanks! You are so lucky to have an S5. When I was buying a car they didn't have any in the showroom....I believe it is totally different car than a 3.0 TDI, diesel engine is so quiet, you can barely hear it when it accelerates.:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome Alejandro, wow you have some great looking pictures there. Lovely looking car as well.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing.

Even though I already mentioned it in another thread, I'll say it again ... I just love that color!!! If I had to order my car all over again, I think I would go for Quartz Gray (instead of Brilliant Black).

Have you been able to confirm yet what color your car is? (I know in the "Members Cars" thread you mentioned you weren't sure.) After seeing these additional pics, I think it's probably Quartz Gray.

That color looks simply stunning on the car and it shows off the lines really well. On top of that, it would be MUCH easier to maintain. I've only had my Brilliant Black A5 for a month, and I'm already finding myself washing the car at least 2 times per week because it shows dirt and dust so easily (not that I didn't already know that) and I can't stand to have a dirty looking car.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Great photos and a lovely car...

Although I preferred it without the tint....

...Only Kidding! ;)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Absolutely gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing.

Even though I already mentioned it in another thread, I'll say it again ... I just love that color!!! If I had to order my car all over again, I think I would go for Quartz Gray (instead of Brilliant Black).

Have you been able to confirm yet what color your car is? (I know in the "Members Cars" thread you mentioned you weren't sure.) After seeing these additional pics, I think it's probably Quartz Gray.

That color looks simply stunning on the car and it shows off the lines really well. On top of that, it would be MUCH easier to maintain. I've only had my Brilliant Black A5 for a month, and I'm already finding myself washing the car at least 2 times per week because it shows dirt and dust so easily (not that I didn't already know that) and I can't stand to have a dirty looking car.
Well, the thing is that the name of the color on the contract is in Czech, so I am not sure, but yes, probably Quartz Gray would be the one.;)
You see, I wanted Brilliant Black and they didn't have one. :)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wanted Brialliant Black, especially after seeing A5 of a friend of mine:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I wanted Brialliant Black, especially after seeing A5 of a friend of mine:
Yeah, the A5/S5 looks amazing in the BB color (when it's sparkling clean :D ). BTW, that second pic you posted of the BB S-line with tinted windows and the RS4-style wheels looks drop-dead gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, the A5/S5 looks amazing in the BB color (when it's sparkling clean :D ). BTW, that second pic you posted of the BB S-line with tinted windows and the RS4-style wheels looks drop-dead gorgeous!
It is the same car as on the 1st picture, but with different rims.
He has it lowered, ABT Ecu upgrade (199KW,600NM) and as you mentioned RS4 rims.:)
His car is really amazing and very fast. He raced new Mercedes S500 (it has almost 400bhp) and they were dead even for the whole time. Crazyyyy!

·
Registered
714 Posts
I suspect the colour is actually Avus Silver rather than Quartz Grey. Three reasons:
1. It looks pearlescent rather than metallic
2. The car is an S-line which adds Avus/Misano as extra colour options without entering exclusive territory.
3. So many people here are commenting on the colour and we've seen plenty of Quartz grey before.

I hope I'm wrong because I've ordered Quartz Grey and Alejandro's car looks stunning.

UPDATE

Just been looking at a plethora of quartz grey A5s on the used Audi site (always a good place to look) and I'm now convinced that Alejandro's car is Avus Grey. The Quartz is lighter and a little less, well, metallic which is kind of odd given that Avus is pearl and Quartz is metallic. It's also worth comparing against Chaswick's picks of his beauty.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Great pics, Alejandro!

I can see you love the A5 as much as I love mine.

I've got an Ice Silver Metallic. A perfect color for out here in the desert. When the temps reach 105F degrees, you can place your hand on it. Try that with a black or dark car. The other advantage is it doesn't show the desert dirt. But you can never beat a black car for the looks.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys!
I showed you all the good stuff, now bad stuff comes.
Car has issues, in fact there is two things.
First thing:
- engine makes noise when it's on idle (I will make a video hard to tell)
- everytime you change gear and accelerate car keeps making weird noise on the front right corner like something is jumping inside.

I am taking it to service on 25th. I will try to make some videos of it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
so is it confirmed that the color is Avus Silver? or Quartz Gray?

maybe you can post the color in czech n some1 else can interpret it?

aslo Alejandro can you post some pics where the car is in the sun on a bright day. it would help a lot thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts