Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a similar issue with my old Lexus, but with my A5 the rusty stench smell on first startup, which will fade out in a good 5 minutes. Whereas it would only last about 20 secs in the Lexus.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
437 Posts
yes move out of New York:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I had a similar issue with my old Lexus, but with my A5 the rusty stench smell on first startup, which will fade out in a good 5 minutes. Whereas it would only last about 20 secs in the Lexus.

Any ideas?

I get a smell from the Air Con as well, although it's only when it's been off for a day or so. It certainly isn't a rusty stench smell, it's more like a "new car" smell for some reason. Even after 28,000miles it still does it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
air con and hygiene

i put a an aircon sanitiser through our cars every couple of years - £5 for a can that does four of five vehicles. It does help give a cleaner smell - the musty smell in our case comes from lack of use I think.

·
Registered
68 Posts
There is a plastic cover inside the engine room covering the area near the windshield. Remove it every now and then and be sure to remove any wet leaves etc. that might have found their way down there.

The smell will eventually spread to the AC-filter and it's hard to get rid of it when that happens - the only way that I have found is to actually replace the filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts