Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Smee's new Audi A5 Cabrio

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Andy_B 
#1 ·
so after the unfortunite end of my 2011 A5 Cabriolet :( you will be missed. i have gone out and purchased a newer 2013 one

here she is. another 2.0 TDI in Sharaz Red. its a special edition and has a lot of extras such as HDD Nav, AMI, BLuetooth High, DVD, Heat Seats, Airscarf etc

already started with the modding, have done the ADS on to MMI although im still waiting for David at Audienthusuasts to confirm some settings for me and i have re installed the Mod4cars roof module

im well happy

just need revo, lowering and spacers again and ill be over the moon :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice!

And the sun's come out for your cab too :thumbsup:

Reactions: Smee
#4 ·
Wow nice car love the Sharaz Red

#12 ·
Have you tried this? I had a few problems at first but these are my simplified instructions!

Activate SDS for cabriolet
5F–Information Electr - Coding - Long code helper - Change Byte 15 – Bit 0 to 1 - Change Byte 16 Bit 0 to 0
Make sure to Untick 4) Bit 0 (Speach Dialog System (SDS) inactive (Cabriolet)
After that, go to the MMI car menu, setup, change the language to a different one for a at least 4 minutes. Then reset mmi and then wait a further 3 minutes for it to load properly. Change it back to your language and repeat last stage.
SDS menu can be found in Car + Setup then Settings (top right control button)

Reset MMI --> Press Setup - Main rotary button - Top right control button simultaineously.
Updates accessed by pressing return & setup & select update.

#14 ·
Paul

just been out and had a look i dont have a byte 15 bit 0

i did byte 16 and that seems to have activated it though so im a little stumped but hey ho... i did have an issue where i accidently deleted my phone book from the car whihc i had to re import i thought id have to set the individual people like i did on the old concert system but this seems a lot more intelligent

i also adjusted my ADS to 63 = 0, 64 = 218, 65 = 0 and 66 = 47 which is all audienthuiasts advice on the link although he hasnt responded to my mail yet asking about it all

#15 ·
Smee
Very nice motor , nice colour, just need the summer to hang out til November!!
Smarttop defo is a must as standard to mod over if it does the facelift model too.

#16 ·
Nice car Mr Smee!

#17 ·
Very nice, getting drawn towards a new ragtop as we use my old 80 cabby a lot but no good as a daily driver ��

#18 ·
Smee would like to do some of this MMi upgrade on the cab how do I find out which model software I have?
2011 model, I asdume same as your old one, no doubt need the vcds lead which I may bed to ask for some support if you have one for a few beers if not too far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.