Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I think Geo_SKG is talking about the parking light and not the DRL's as he mentions the following ...

Geo_SKG said:
... but the small bulbs remain dark and do not actually light at any position of the switch.

In the UK (and possibly other markets), this light only illuminates under the following conditions:

1. The ignition is OFF
  2. The indicator switch is moved to the 'indicate left' position (or 'right' for the other side)
The rear lights on the same side will also be illuminated. In the UK (where it was once illegal to park on the street without lights), this function is a Parking Light and should be used to light up the car on the traffic side when parked at night in poorly lit areas.

I can remember my Dad having a small light with red and white lenses that clipped onto the top of the driver's window and plugged into a small socket under the dashboard (long before cigarette lighters were fitted).

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Oh bugger ... my two young sons and I were wondering what those were and we had identified them as lasers but we just couldn't find the option in the MMI to fire them. They're gonna be kind of disappointed when they find out they're just lights :(
Yes but they can be 'fired' independently - allowing for some redundancy in the event of 'returning fire' inflicting damage on one side.;)

Made me chuckle...:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts