Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out this afternoon in my 08 sl550 just out for a drive. As I pull onto a 2 lane road and up to a red light, i see sitting at the light is a stock white S5, It was the first white one i have seen in person, and it looked great, so I complimented the young guy driving and said how I have one coming this fall. He looked at me as if he was driving a ferrari and revved his engine a bit. Now i know the S5 should take the benz anyday of the week since it does 0-60 in 5.3 according to the book,an the s5 should be sub 5.0, but only if he had a perfect launch an really knew how to drive a stick, and me having the rear wheel drive, paddle shift trans, i figured i can give him a run for his money. Now i can tell he is definitely intending on racing me, so i drop it into first, an get ready to launch..... as soon as the light turns green, im focused on the road ahead, i let it go at about 3500 rpms, tires squeal, traction control kicks in, as i hit 2nd gear i look back an the S5 STALLED. I laughed and wanted to cry at the same time. I was really hoping he kicked my ass, only because i have an s5 coming in the fall and i wanted to see its power potential, and hear it flying by me, but the poor guy stalls the brand new car...

·
Registered
441 Posts
:eek: LOL... thats to funny

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'll bet if he's a member of this forum, he won't be fessing up to that embarrassing moment on here. :D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
HAHA.
That's why I never race on the stoplights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
lol that happened to me too when i first got my gli, this bmw 328i was stopped right beside me and we were the first two cars stopped at a red light, he revved his engine and then i obviously revved mine, the light turns green he takes off like a bullet, i try to do so too but my foot slipped off the clutch a little bit and the car stalled lol. I was so embarrassed I just took a left at some random street laughing at myself.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hahaha.... plat and gd10, funny stories. I remember the time I was driving an F430, and I stalled in the middle of a roundabout, and it was the F1 tranny, and I didn't know it could stall so easily, and it took me literally like 40 secs to figure out to to get it working again, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts