Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my S Line A5 20 days ago. My salesman told me I would have a three month demo of Sirius radio. On Saturday, March 8th, my Sirius stations disappeared and I got a message on my MMI screen that I have to call Sirius to start my subscription. I haven't confirmed this with my contact yet, but I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? I do enjoy Sirius when traveling cross country and also around smaller markets which don't carry ESPN stations on normal radio.

I have Sirius in my first, no make that currently my second car--the A5 has claimed the first spot. Does anyone know if there is a discount for two Sirius contracts?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
And to answer your second question: yes, second receivers are half-price. The same applies to all radios after the first. We have 5 in our household right now, so we benefit greatly from this.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A wonderful solution for Sirius users.

This is just too good.

Called Sirius today. Had a terrible struggle with their answering system--too much talk, not enough time to answer questions. After the second try I just hit Zero for Operator a number of times. Finally got a very courteous and conscientious guy in Syracuse, NY. He explained to me that the first demo was on the Audi dealership. And now, because I was a nice guy and a good Sirius client, he would give me a nine month demo period and because I had a first Sirius radio, my cost would be deducted 40%. The rep signed off by saying call me early in December to start my subscription.

Except for the confusing answering system, Sirius is a good company with whom to deal. Try getting that kind of service from your cable company.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry erpap06

I would guess you didn't schmooze the phone rep to whom you talked, enough. I don't mean to rub it in your face, but I did a real number on the guy. I told him I was not angry at him, but that their answering system had to be changed and while we were waiting for the boot up of my system, we talked basketball and weather. I, also, told him how nice it was working with a rep who understood the problems of their clients.

Drive carefully and keep right, that may be me in your rear view mirror!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Here you go ... a free 6 month subscription to A5_OC. Call me in 6 months for a 50% discount :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts