Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Never thought i would actully purchase one since previous audis were b6 A4 & b7 A4(both dolphin grey)(gotta move up at one point or another? s4? nah A5!). Anyway, dident even sit in it, or test drive it, just saw it & fell in love.
It was a demo that had another three months left, my sales guy said he would call me back on monday this week to see if he could sell it to me(this was last friday). Sure enough come monday before noon he called to ask if i wanted it. Without hesitation i gave him my card over the phone to hold it, and bam! dropped off the check, signed papers, and left with it today!

the car!
silver, black int. has every option except s-line package.

This car is amazing, and its the A5, i can only imagine the S5.

So i get ready to get inside for the first time, plugged iPod--worked without any issues, first song was Ace Of Base(first on the list) cruel summer...my sales guy couldent stop laughing.
(reference to b & o topic playlist)

blackberry phone- does not recognize phonebook, but that doesent bother me.

other than that i drove it for 80something miles..half the tank is gone..i am going to take a guess and say thats not normal. but its got 1025 miles on it now so perhaps still break-in period.

just a small pet-peeve, the reverse camera seems to lag a bit, over 5 seconds...is that normal?

just a bb phone pic for now!
i will be taking some real ones when the weekend arrives...
but for now,:D :D :D :D :D

i hope everyones enjoying their cars!:)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
just a small pet-peeve, the reverse camera seems to lag a bit, over 5 seconds...is that normal?
No lag for me. My camera comes on as soon as I put the gear (Tiptronic) into reverse.

BTW, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new car.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, welcome.

no lag on my camera and I get more than 160 miles to the tank!! Sure you didn't buy an S5?! ;):D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Smeeg, Congrats on your new car. I'm sure you will be up early today ready to drive it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much guys, i am loving every second in the car, and it hurts so much looking outside and not being able to drive it...damn bills i tell ya!:eek:

Regarding the Camera, i mean it turns on right away when its in reverse, just when i start driving away, it stays on for 5 seconds or more. Another thing i noticed, there is a bunch of clicking i hear when i start to drive away. I know the car is an electric gremlin, but those clicking noises get me a bit...well scared.

and another pet-peeve, when scrolling on steering wheel either radio stations or ipod, is there a way to skip the view in the cluster and just move down or up? in the a4 it did that, and i loved it because i could go up or down and it would change, now i have to scroll, view in the small screen, decide if i want that and push the wheel.
i sat in my car for almost 20 minutes when i got in this morning trying to figure it out...kinda rubbish IMO compared to the rns-e.

thanks much again guys!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats!

Same here, no lag time on the camera...

Also, I have a Blackberry Curve, and the car was able to pull the address book off the phone which is nice because I didn't have to download it into the car.

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you mean it stays on when you start moving forward for a few seconds, that's what happens with mine as well. I wouldn't call it lag, it's just for convenience. I thought you meant that when you back up the image stays still for 5 seconds.

As far as the clicking, I have that as well when I first shift into gear and pull away. Nothing to worry about :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes when i start moving forward again.
ok, so clicking and screen being on for a few seconds is a normal thing...haha great! so nothing to worry about.

time to take a very long lunch/driving break!
:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the afterlag as well!

I believe it was designed that way and is not annoying unless you are changing staions at same time (which I have done, once you click a radio button the cam screen dissappears)

It should stay on cause if you were paralell parking and it turned of as soon as you drove forward a few feet you couldn't aim it as to where to back up, keeps you from turning around to see if you went up or turned enough to back up again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.