Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm placing an order for a S5 very soon. I originally chose Magma Red for the interior but after seeing the pearl silver, my mind was easily changed.

The only thing im worried about is dye from denim Jeans wearing into the leather. You often find a new pair of jeans leaves marks on trainers as some dye tends to leak. Im worried this could happen on the pearl silver seats. Has anyone else expierenced this?

The Audi dealer mentioned something about a special coating which can go on at an extra cost and comes with a 3 year warranty. It's meant to prevent the leather from absorbing liquid spills, mud marks etc.. Need to get more info on this also.

Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I have Magma Red leather, but denim still leaves its dye on the seats. I clean and condition my seats every second week and when I come to clean it you can always see how much colour has come from peoples clothes and thats on Magma Red Leather.

My advice would be that if you don't have black leather, then do take the time out to clean and condidtion it when you can, regardless of the protection systems you get.

I've used the following three cleaners and conditioners over the last 5 years and I've ranked them in the order I prefer them:-

1. Turtle Wax Platinum Series Essential Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
2. Meguiar’s Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner
3. Autoglym Leather Cleaner (still need some sort of conditior to protect the leather again after using this one)

Also Aiden pointed one out to me, he says professional detailers from the TT forum live by it, you can find details of it here: http://www.liquidleather.com/

·
Registered
298 Posts
I noticed that happening many times at the auto shows. Cars with lighter colored leathers would always show staining from people getting in and out with jeans. My best advice would be to wash your new jeans a couple of times before wearing them. This will remove the bulk of the dye that will cause the staining, and should prevent much of the problem. If your really concerned, put a towel under your butt. It may look silly, but your seats will remain clean, and you won't be pulling out your hair!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts