Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this was already asked, but what exactly is the Side assist option?

·
Registered
275 Posts
It is basically a lateral blind spot radar detection system (currently available in the Q7 in Europe). It notifies you with a light in your outside rear view mirrors of the presence of a vehicle on your side - if you are driving on the motorway, and another vehicle is on your side (possibly in the blind spot of your mirrors), it notifies you of the vehicles presence by a small light next to the mirror - extra safety for people that are sometimes absent-minded.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it. Thanks!

I think my wife may require it!? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would also like to know.
The answer is:

It is basically a lateral blind spot radar detection system (currently available in the Q7 in Europe). It notifies you with a light in your outside rear view mirrors of the presence of a vehicle on your side - if you are driving on the motorway, and another vehicle is on your side (possibly in the blind spot of your mirrors), it notifies you of the vehicles presence by a small light next to the mirror - extra safety for people that are sometimes absent-minded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts