Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm sure many people are curious what the Side Assist LEDs look like on the mirror, I figured I'd post this pic that I ran across.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
That is cool, can't wait to test it out!

·
Registered
83 Posts
May be silly question but do european models get this. I.e anyone from UK have this feature. Its new to me :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
May be silly question but do european models get this. I.e anyone from UK have this feature. Its new to me :)
Actually, I'd say that is a European model. It's got split mirror glass, and the temperature guage is marked in °C, so it's defnitely not US-spec. I'd say the license plates visible on the other cars look like Euro plates, as well.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You have a very nice hand. ;)

Btw, the painted A5 mirrors look nice and shiny compared to our Silver mirrors. I wonder if any S5 guys/gals are gonna paint theirs.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Actually, I'd say that is a European model. It's got split mirror glass, and the temperature guage is marked in °C, so it's defnitely not US-spec. I'd say the license plates visible on the other cars look like Euro plates, as well.
Yep, it's definitely a Euro model. I believe I had found this pic on a German site.

And yes YelloJello, that is a very nice hand isn't it. ;)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Am I missing something, or is there another car in the blind spot that doesn't show up in the mirror? Looking at the photo, if the car in the mirror was overtaking, then hopefully you'd notice it, and if not, a little red LED wouldn't really make much of a difference, would it?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good question, and good point. But, I think the main advantage to having the Side Assist option is probably going to be for the blind spot that occurs on the passenger side of the car.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Yep, that would make more sense. I guess for any markets that have a flat glass in the mirror it would make sense as the blind spot is going to be bigger and you could have someone sitting completely hidden along side you. Ain't no substitute for actually looking though...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Too funny! LMAO! :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
my dealer tried to tell me that side assist was a feature that sense if you were falling asleep and shook the stearing wheel..........

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my dealer tried to tell me that side assist was a feature that sense if you were falling asleep and shook the stearing wheel..........
What your dealer described is an option called "Audi Lane Assist", which is available on some Audi models.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi everyone, are the Side Assist LEDs only on the driver side mirror, or on both sides? Please let me know. Thanks.
Both sides

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.