Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been shunted. Not a write off (I don't think) but my policy doesn't cover like for like on the declared aftermarket exhaust (Milltek). I'll get the monetary value of it (hopefully) but when my car is fixed, it'll be back to a stock system :cry:. I'm planning to replace the car in a few years anyway so I think I'll have up live with it. But I'm fearful that the thing that makes the car special to me and gives it soul will be gone and it won't feel the same to me anymore.

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hopefully the exhaust system can be salvaged, if it's just a bent pipe, it can be replaced with another piece of stainless. Any good custom exhaust shop should be able to sort you out.

JG

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Sorry to hear your sorry tale mate but could have been worse. You should be able to get the exhaust repaired?? Good luck Simon

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all, so the insurance company are calling it an economic write-off. Repairs are over 66% of the car's value. However they said it was in excellent condition for it's age and mileage, so are offering me the absolute top limit for it. £5200.
Looking at changing for a Volvo V40 D4.
It's a real shame, and it will leave an A5 hole in my heart. But as much as I'd love to get the car back and fix it myself, it's 143000 miles old and starting to cost more money to keep going than it's worth. It's a shame that there's £700 of new tyres and £600 of new EBC disks and pads on there, and I'd just got the breaking system dialed in.
To fix it, I'd need a new bumper, cross member and exhaust system. Still about 3k once you factor in fitting and repainting to match the car, using second hand parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Gutted for you mate. Are you going to buy it back and sell off some of the bits or just let it go to the graveyard in the sky?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Graveyard in the sky unfortunately, I need all the cash to get a new car.
Just put a deposit on a second hand D4 (188bhp TDI) engine Volvo V60.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts