Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having 6,000 songs or so on my ipod, I tend to mainly throw it into shuffle mode and let 'er rip.

If I want to skip to the next song, I find that I have to use the advance button under the control knob (which, by the way, TX, DOES allow you to scrub through a song if you hold it down!) instead of the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel, because, if you use the steering wheel and select the next song on the shuffled list, it turns off shuffle and starts playing from that next song forward in alphabetical order!

Am I missing something obvious? It pretty much makes ipod control on the steering wheel useless for me.

By the way...seems silly to only post this in the A5 Q&A just because I have an A5. There are a lot of issues common to both A5 and S5.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
(which, by the way, TX, DOES allow you to scrub through a song if you hold it down!)

<snip>

By the way...seems silly to only post this in the A5 Q&A just because I have an A5. There are a lot of issues common to both A5 and S5.
Yeah, I discovered what those advance buttons are for after eventually getting to that part in the owner's manual. For about 2 weeks I had been using the "<<" and ">>" buttons on the Control screen to "scrub" through songs (which I thought was a pain because I first had to navigate to that screen before I could get access those buttons). So, it was a great discovery when I learned I could simply use the advance buttons under the control knob to fast forward, rewind, and navigate to previous and next tracks! :)

I can't speak to your shuffle mode issue, as I never use the shuffle function.

As for common issues applicable to both A5 & S5, maybe that's something Andrew can consider for the site refresh he's working on (i.e., perhaps have a new section). I'll bring it to his attention.

·
Registered
415 Posts
The Pioneer in my Jetta has an iPod interface with stupid quirks, too. For example, when I have Shuffle Mode on, and I select a playlist, it always starts with track 1 of the playlist, whereas the iPod itself would start with a random track. So in my current car, you have to skip to song 2 before you get one that's truly random.

My point is, why can't the manufacturers of gizmos like this actually make them so they don't have frustrating bugs? They make it obvious that they release these electronics without really seeing how poeple use them.

I hope there's en explanation for your issue, G, because that's annoying. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope so too because this strikes me as a serious bug. There's no way they intended it as a "feature". Instant shuffle off - brilliant!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hey house, you'll be pleased to know that I just moved your thread to the newly created section "A5 & S5 Topics". (Andrew added this new section today.)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, TX - I've been out of town on family matters again, so am WAY behind here. Glad to see this was done!

Now, if only someone knew a solution to this issue :(

·
Registered
435 Posts
The bug list for this IPOD integration is long and plentiful. Top three that bother me:

Instead of repeating the current artist you are in, it moves to the next artist after last track.

You can't shuffle an artist at all. As soon as you hit shuffle, it starts shuffling all music instead of just shuffling the folder you are in.

Doesn't shuffle playlists correctly either.

Oh, and the one you started the thread with pisses me off too.

Seems like it was written by an Intern, or by someone who doesn't use an IPOD at all.

Not Impressed, so I just turn it off and listen to the engine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Digging up an old thread... but the original poster's issue is starting to bug me on a daily basis too. I have to use the << and >> keys to navigate the shuffled songs or I'll lose the shuffle if I use the steering wheel's control. Is this fixed in an updated version of the MMI?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Same thing here...I think.

When I'm in shuffle mode, if I scroll down using the wheel and then select a song in the list, it DOES mess up the random shuffle and instead immediately sorts the songs alphbetically. However, if I simply advance to the next song using the << >> below the knob, the shuffle-sort remains true.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Shuffle

I mentioned this problem a couple of weeks ago. I had just gotten the A5 and found this to be really annoying since I have 6000 songs on the IPOD and the only place I listen to it is in my car.

"I have a 2010 A5 and the Ipod connection works great except for the shuffle feature. On the control it's called "mix" and I find that the only way to get it to work after I've played a specific playlist or album is to physically disconnect the ipod and then reconnect it. Has anyone else had this problem?"

·
Registered
127 Posts
Digging up an old thread... but the original poster's issue is starting to bug me on a daily basis too. I have to use the << and >> keys to navigate the shuffled songs or I'll lose the shuffle if I use the steering wheel's control. Is this fixed in an updated version of the MMI?
this will happen if you use the knob to select a particular song while in shuffled mode as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts