Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

801 - 820 of 891 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Ppl, Didn’t know where to post my question. Anyway just bought the 2015 A5 black edition plus in missoni red & absolutely love it! An upgrade from the ibis white A4 S line I had. My question is are the original twin chrome exhaust tips removable? I say this because I’ve just purchased the black chrome ones through dealership. I’ve tried to remove the existing ones but it’s just impossible. Are they welded or should they come off easily because they’re just not moving? Thanks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome.
Ideally should have been posted in "General A5 Q&A"or "A5/S5 tech DIY".

As you have posted in the "Show your car off" thread some pics of your car would have been a bonus.

They are slide on but the build up of crap inside them will make their first removal a bit of a fight.
Best way is to get under the car and from behind the tips tap them off with a bit of wood and a hammer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brilliant thanks. So yeah here’s my misano red black edition plus. I had the spoiler done black & thought it made a huge difference! Henc I wanted the exhaust tips to be chrome black too & think it’ll blend in with the black bodywork.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
I am not normally a fan of red cars, let alone red cars with black wheels but that does actually look very nice.
The black tips make a huge difference, the pic is of mine with the black tips fitted, it all just blends in making a much neater look.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes your car looks slick with the black exhaust tips, breaks the silver. Why not get gloss black wing mirrors & have the alloys painted black. Brilliant advice from the member above! I slowly Knocked the old ones off with a cloth & hammer & I’m well pleased. The black look soo much better now blending into the exterior black trim. Thanks Mr.

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
hanif87,

Great look. Body kit details?
Front bumper is a facelift Caractere item, one of the best looking for the facelift IMO, proper quality and good fitment AFAIK.

Sideskirts look suspiciously like ABT items, though they could be Rieger, Caractere makes some too but they look different.

Rear diffuser IDK, and it looks like he has an OEM RS5 rear bottled + spoiler. Add some paint schemes to all this and it sums up to a tasty looking V8 S5 :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Front bumper is a facelift Caractere item, one of the best looking for the facelift IMO, proper quality and good fitment AFAIK.

Sideskirts look suspiciously like ABT items, though they could be Rieger, Caractere makes some too but they look different.

Rear diffuser IDK, and it looks like he has an OEM RS5 rear bottled + spoiler. Add some paint schemes to all this and it sums up to a tasty looking V8 S5 :)
Tasty is right! I agree, that's the best looking bumper for the facelift. The price... that will hurt the wallet. :grin2:

·
Registered
754 Posts
I post more of this on my car-IG @ dvk_a5 - follow if you like what you see ;)

Tight and narrow roads, looks fun.. (Hvor er det hen?

Regards

801 - 820 of 891 Posts