Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m finally getting my 3 rear windows tinted this week but have no idea what % to go for. I want it to look oem ideally - help / show me what you got please?

·
Registered
171 Posts

Heres mine factory type tint
Get it done its like driving a different car after , you will find it horrible driving a car without tints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just go limo black, think thats about 5% - 20%. You dont need to see out of the back windows anyway, thats what parking sensors are for! haha

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Heres mine factory type tint
Get it done its like driving a different car after , you will find it horrible driving a car without tints

This is exactly how I want it - thanks for the pic :)

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
What do you need to ask for to achieve the factory dark tiny then? I don't think mine are tinted particularly, but the rear windows are noticeably darker than the rest.

·
Registered
573 Posts
This is the standard on black edition i believe(the back and rear), but i am really tempted to get something done on the front, the only thing is that if you want to achieve legal limit you might aswell leave it, as legal limit is near enough as no tint, well just slightly darker...

Attachments

Reactions: darkus and Kelvm77

·
Registered
223 Posts

I believe mine has aftermarket - And they’re tinted at front. I quite like it but as others have specified probably not legal on the fronts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Window tint is measured in %.

When they state the tint is 5% it will allow 5% of the light to shine through, this will be a very dark tint.

If the tint states it is 80% then it will allow 80% of the light through, this will be a light tint.

Bear in mind most windows come with a standard 95% factory tint which is a very light tint (excluding the windscreen.)

Hope that helps, and yes black edition model come with rear and rear quarter windows tinted, not sure with % though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have my windows tinted at 35’/. All around, it’s not legal but I get away with it due to my cream leather interior

·
Registered
573 Posts

I believe mine has aftermarket - And they’re tinted at front. I quite like it but as others have specified probably not legal on the fronts

That would be something i would love, but as you said its not going to be road legal... Do you know what % it is? And do you ever get pulled?
Obviously its just taking a chance on getting pulled by police, but as far as im concerned thats a high chance 50-50 youre either screwed or lucky;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
The way I look at it . I have had them for over a year now ,at police check points , outside police stations too and Notting was said ( if they do stop you they have to have a special tool that checks the tint but 99 Times out of a hundred they don’t , ( and if you happen to be told to take them off do so ( what’s it coat 20 pound ?? It’s Notting for the look of your car ��

·
Registered
223 Posts
That would be something i would love, but as you said its not going to be road legal... Do you know what % it is? And do you ever get pulled?
Obviously its just taking a chance on getting pulled by police, but as far as im concerned thats a high chance 50-50 youre either screwed or lucky;)

Can’t help you there on either question. I’ve only had the car a month or so and leave home when it’s dark and arrive home when it’s dark during the working week.

For what it’s worth I like oem rear tints on black editions and I did look into getting rears done on my last A5 like this. I believe it’s 35% factory

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just had my white A5 done this past summer. Put 35 on the rear sides and 20 on the back window. Looks good and the rear sides are not too dark to draw attention from the authorities.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I just had my white A5 done this past summer. Put 35 on the rear sides and 20 on the back window. Looks good and the rear sides are not too dark to draw attention from the authorities.
But the back if you mean the 3 windows at the rear of the car you can do whatever you want, you could paint over them and it wouldnt make any difference, its the front that everyone is interested(i mean drivers and passengers side), whilst the back is up to you;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I wish I had it done sooner. I just looks so much better too. Really transforms the car

1 - 20 of 27 Posts