Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
The big assumption is that you can assign your slot to a third party (instead of it falling to the next person on your dealer's list). Otherwise you'd have to take title and transfer the car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
And even if you are entitled to sell it, how confident can you be that you would be able to get enough $ to get you an S5?

·
Registered
483 Posts
And even if you are entitled to sell it, how confident can you be that you would be able to get enough $ to get you an S5?
i would put it up for the highest bidder provided that you can do what house said.... however, only if you don't mind waiting for another 6-9 months; i am quite certain that the queue for the S5 is even longer....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are all the questions I have as well - my assumption is there may be someone out there who wants the A5 desparately enough that they will pay a little more for early delivery. I have no prob waiting.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I suppose you might find a sucker, but I don't see how most people would find it a good deal. All an interested buyer has to do is find another dealer where the line to get on the next allocation is short or nonexistant. At the dealer I'm getting my car from, they've got no one waiting on the next allocation, which may already be available to them. I placed my order in mid-January, and mine will be here first week of April, so the wait doesn't have to be all that long.

The point is, it's just not that impossible to get one. If you find someone who would rather pay thousands of dollars than drive a couple hundred miles to pick up the car, then good on ya. But I'm fairly certain that if I waited to start my search until today, I could still get a car by the end of May.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't see why you think you can sell your slot when it is not your slot to sell - it is the Audi dealerships... You haven't yet taken ownership of the vehicle and therefore you don't have anything to sell.

The Dealership on the otherhand does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.