Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my windows tinted(15% on sides,5% rear) and i was looking at the car and thought it would look pretty sweet if the rest of the roof was black, since the sunroof is as wide as the roof, i think it would look good. any opinions? anyone see any pics? btw my car is brilliant red with black interior, just got it last monday...:), best 65k ive ever spend

·
Registered
432 Posts
NO!!!!!!!!

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Should have bought an all black car in the first place IMHO.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I Have to also agree.... Don't do it, when looking for an A3 for the Wife, Norwich had 2 Red A3's in, one with panoramic roof one with Black Painted roof, the one with the painted roof looked REALLY Tacky !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
if you wanna paint your roof go for it its your car!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've seen the black roof done on red and white A4s, it looks pretty good. Other common colors like blues or silvers it doesn't come off as well but on reds and whites it really can look pretty striking.

I've heard there is a film you can use to black out your roof instead of having to paint.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I've seen the black roof done on red and white A4s, it looks pretty good. Other common colors like blues or silvers it doesn't come off as well but on reds and whites it really can look pretty striking.

I've heard there is a film you can use to black out your roof instead of having to paint.
yeah you could vinyl cover your roof bits try and then buy if you like it :)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
^^^ LOL RGBArgee

Maybe you could put one of those decals down before painting and then you'd achieve like a ghosting effect of the design, that'd be pretty hot...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Funny this thread came up today - I saw two cars today with this modification - a BMW 3 and a Lexus ES, both white - looked really good.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It's your car, do whatever you want, but be aware that sharing on a forum / public exposes you to criticism, props, ridicule etc etc.

I've personally done this look before, and overall, it just cheapens the look of the car and the lines from the black roof do not flow seamlessly with the S5, especially in the rear half of the car.

Looks good on an R8 though as it flows seamlessly from front to rear, with no curved edges or "bevels" from the rear windshield

·
Registered
34 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.