Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

New to the forum. Thanks for you input in advance...

So I am shopping for a new car and I fell in love with the A5. I am looking to buy a 2011 2.0 with the premium plus package, sports package, and the B & O sound system. Out the door it will be run me around 47k. I wanted to know if I am getting all the bang for my buck with this package. I want to make sure the car looks great but I want to spend under 50K for it. Is their any major difference between what I am getting and the S-line package? Is the sports package worth it? Is the B & O system overkill?

·
Registered
3 Posts
that is my exact setup but a 2010 I bought last week.

plus package
Meteor gray
black
sport
B/O

If I would've gotten a 2011, I definitely would've went with the titanium package. It's only $500 more than the normal sport package but looks a lot better, and not as common.

I'm not sure if the BO is worth $850 since the stock system has 10 speakers as opposed to 14 but I didn't have a choice since it was the last 2010 on the lot.

It really depends on how loud you play your music. Those days are behind me. haha.

I also got them to throw in the all weather floor mats, which are very nice, and tint the windows. I would say it's still a buyers market if you can find a 2010.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It will definitely be a lot of car for 47K especially if that includes the tax and license. However, I agree that the stock sound system is superb so if there is a choice to save some money, I would do it there. I think the S Line has some special seats and badging; suspension is supposed to be the same as Sport Package but I would check with the dealer. If you can find a 2010 with most of what you want on it, I'm sure you can get a great deal. I bought a 2009 in March of 2010 and negotiated 10K off sticker. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I have been shopping around but its hard to find any 2010's in the Northeast USA. It may take some time but I'm sure I'll find the right one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the B&O system in mine and would never go back now. I had a A4 courtesy car with standard audio and it was really grim in comparison. It was an A4 though so perhaps the standard A5 audio spec is higher than the A4?
I went for S-Line Spec Ed spec and just love the looks. Go for it :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know they have a couple in Dallas. Boardwalk Audi.

I almost bought a black on black, but no B/O. I checked the website today and they still had it.

Funny story, I worked out the deal on a Tuesday night. I was going to drive down on Friday and pick it up. A lady hit me on Wednesday morning.

Wasn't meant to be, I guess. I ended up buying locally, so it all worked out in the end. I didn't get as good a deal but it was a better color for me and the local dealer gives me free car washes any time I want.

·
Registered
95 Posts
b & o is worth it. s-line package is worth it, and for the price you got, it's pretty good. all i can say, is that you shouldn't second guess. i decided on the 3.2 instead of the s5, and am regretting it. don't compromise, and you won't regret it later.... at least that's what i think.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agree with above... All I wanted was:

1. S-Line Package (for the aesthetics...)
2. B&O System

The sound system is AWESOME and LOUD... And I wouldn't have it any other way. Was a bit worried when I saw threads saying some people had problems with theirs, but may have been from the amp getting wet from tinting their rear windows...

You can tell the S-Line from the "premium" A5's from a mile away... Just looks soooo much sleeker and sportier IMO. Loving mine!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks gorgeous!

I'm a little confused, how can you get a 2011 when its still 2010? I put a deposit on a new showroom A5 last Sunday am I getting an older model?

·
Registered
590 Posts
MY 2011's are slowly starting to roll into the dealerships now. You may be getting a "older" MY 2010 but it'll still be new and untitled. With that in mind, you have more bargaining power for that showroom A5 because it might have been on the dealer showroom for a spell and they might be wanting to get rid of it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
But the 2011 looks the same I take it just made later?
yes it's the same car, just a couple of minor updates depending on the exact model you're interested in. If you download the latest brochure it will say 2011 model year on the back, so you can see what you're getting

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mmmm, but mine was sitting unregistered in the showroom so it it likely to be the 2010 model, i am wondering if I am getting something a bit out of date, the salesman says i shows as rev 2 whatever that actually means...

·
Registered
590 Posts
It's not like you're NOT getting a re-freshened model. You'll still get the LED tail lights and everything that came with the MY 2010 A5 vs MY 2009 A5. Again, what you'd be missing out on is having certain options to choose should you have been ordering it. Since you're not, just check the VIN sticker on the inside of the door jam to see what week it was made. I am quite confident that it was made this year, albeit earlier in the year, and that you will not be missing out on anything. Heck, the A5/S5's are so rarely seen that if I happened to run into a MY 2008 model, I really wouldn't be able to tell. All I would know is that the person has great taste in cars and I'd probably just flash my lights or give them a thumbs-up. Remember, the dealer is trying to get rid of the MY 2010's to make room for the MY 2011's. Use that to your advantage.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks acowabunga.

The deal was already done last week. Im picking it up next week due to waiting for the reg change here in the UK. But when you say trying to get rid of the 2010's that still makes me feel that I'm doing something wrong?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Forgetaboutit. You'll be fine. At this point it'll just be a pride thing by owning a "2011" as opposed to a "2010" because they're essentially the same car. Hopefully you saved a bagful of money over having to order and WAIT for a new car that really could not be very different at all. Now, if we were in 2011 and you were on the fence about a "2010" or "2012", well that could be a different beast all together. Just take solace in the fact that you'll be driving one of the nicest designed cars on the road today very soon. Welcome to the club of A5/S5 ownership!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts