Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of my car last night so still fooling around with everything. But was curious about the Shift Suggestion, which is what gear the car would like to be in to keep the best gas mileage. It seems this car really likes to be in low revs. It keeps telling me to shift to sixth when forth seems just fine.
Anyway I truly appreciate all the threads over the past year or so that I have been fantasizing about this car please make sure that people that are tinting your car know to be careful with the application. The dealer sort of brushed off that I had heard about the electronics of the window getting messed up but his manager last minute stopped the installation and starting doing so research. So they are now figuring out the proper way to do it. It is sucks that others had to deal with this problem first for me to find out but wanted to say thanks for letting it be known.

'08 s5 Owner/ Phantom Black / Black Interior / b&o / Navi

·
Registered
158 Posts
I thought the tinting issue was more a problem for the electronics in the trunk. Mine was tinted at the dealer just made sure to talk to the guy doing it first. Where did you buy Prestige or McDonald?

Congrats wait til you take it for a run up in the mountains big fun.

I turned that shift thing off IMO useless.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I find that the gas mileage is better if you allow at least another 500rpm after the shift suggestion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got mine at McDonald Audi, I am not trying to talk crap about the dealership it is hard to keep up with all the technical issues of every car I was just trying to thank everyone for their input and my disaster averted.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
The gear suggestion changes depending on how you drive the car. If it appears you're just cruising, then it will suggest the most economic gear. However, if you for example, put the foot flat on the floor, it knows you want to be more agressive and will suggest a more suitable gear.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Did you get it tinted yet? Are you doing a Clearbra? I think they did ok on mine. The tint job came out great. The clearbra came out ok. It needs a couple of tweaks. Mine is from MCD too.

I still really, really like this car. Something new for me, my wife is surprised I still have it considering the
new car smell has worn off a little.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going back Tues. for the tinting to be done, I just had to drive this car and I waited for so long. I did do the Clearbra which I thought came out really well. What tweaks are you talking about? Also what % tint did you go with? I am thinking 30% all the way around.

I am also thinking about the Milltek exhaust upgrade but sort of short on cash after my recent purchase. Who could do the exhaust install in Denver? Just curious if you had a garage that you knew of that does good work

·
Registered
158 Posts
They need to fix a couple of edges on my clearbra. I'm still debating the Milltek big $ for just sound but I do love sound.

I did 20% all around at the dealer suggestion. Looks great

Installer wise I hear Avalon talked about alot. But I don't know personally
this is my first Audi.

You might want to look at some winter tires makes a huge diff. living around here.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey All,

I had my S5 windows tinted over the weekend and took every precaution with the installer base upon the posts on these forums and guess what...the next day the subwoofer wasnt working and then a day later all audio was out in the car.

Took it to the dealer the next day and somehow (in their opinion) water got in the electronics in the trunk and fried the amp! The cost of the amp alone is $1,400.00 without installation and it takes 3 weeks to get from Germany!

Luckily the company that did the install is insured and is fixing the problem.

It definitely sucks without a radio for a month.

PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION WHEN TINTING!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts