Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else's shift knob "lens" cracked like mine has? It was not apparent when the car was delivered, but after about a month a small hairline fissure developed and has now progressed into a very noticeable circular shaped crack. I don't wear a ring and it hasn't been impacted in any way. I will bring it to the dealer's attention when i get the car serviced, but it would be good to know if others have experienced a similar failure, since they will probably try and place the blame with me.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
I had the same problem with my BMW. And BMW changed it. So my advice is talk to your dealer to replace it with new. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
warranty issue

My shifter cracked just like njred's a while back. Finally went to the dealer and was told (they even printed this sec of warranty out) that interior trim elements - including shift knobs - are not covered under warranty regardless of who or what caused it!
Comments?
S.

·
Registered
2 Posts
NJred, the same thing happened to my S5. I picked it up in January but the crack did not develop until July. Took it to the dealer, Jack Daniels, in Bergen County, NJ and they said they would speak with the Audi rep to see if they would cover it with the warranty. Can't see how this wouldn't be covered by the warranty.

Phantom Black S5, Tuscan with Vavona Trim
Fully Loaded
10,500 miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.