Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I had a circular conversation with LV regarding a possible broken rear screen : they would pay for a new screen but wouldnt cover the cost of a whole roof , I explained that they were an integral unit and would need to be replaced together at circa £4000 , but that stated again they would only pay for the screen . It was impossible to get a proper reply from them .
To be honest in 30 odd years of driving only ever had my daughters car with a # rear screen but I am probably changing companies .
I have been with LV for years and always found them to be pretty good, and I'm always ready to moan about bad service!

Suggest you talk to a manager and ask them where to take the car to get it reopaired as you suggest. I would push them in a friendly way and I would hope they sort it, alternatively you could threaten to come around with your 'gas and pliers'.... ;-)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
The phone operator did query it with a more senior manager , same reply , would pay for window not the roof :wall:
I did actually renew with another company due to a cheaper quote but didnt really investigate the window query . Head in sand ?
Surely it is the insurers responsibility to put the car back in the condition it was, if you can find someone to replace the window that would be fair enough IMHO BUT if you cant that is a different matter.

I'm not one for dishing out praise but I have always found LV to be very reasonable.

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Make a big fuss but be reasonable with LV would be my approach.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Chris.... I think the OP was with LV, not Hastings Direct unless I've missed something in the plot!

RG

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Probably, but I was replying to Sam1970 who is with Hastings Direct.
And I thought we were talking to toothdoc! Hey what a lot of twisters these Insurers are!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts