Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The rear glass has shattered in my A5 convertible roof for no apparent reason whilst closing and certainly not through my own actions after all it operates by pressing a button!! Cost of replacement £5,000 +vat!!! Insurers will not accept claim as they say mechanical problem. Audi may not accept liability because car is 3 months outside of warranty. Has anyone else had this problem? I had an Audi A4 convertible for 8 years before and no problems so I know how to use the roof!! This should not happen with Audi Technology and don't know where this is going with them atm. New convertible owners beware!!
I own a auto upholstery shop and just put a new top on a a5. When you put a new top on your putting the top up and down about 6 times, Every time i used it it worked perfect, When the customer picked car up she put the top down and on the way back up did the same thing as yours broke the window. How I cant figure it out ive been installing tops for over 44 years and this top has plastic slides that slide into the frame all the way around meaning one thing there is only one way the top can go on there is no wrong way to do it. The first thing my customer said is i put the top on correct which is not the case. So i still have the car trying to find out what happened and yes the price tag on this job is very high which i fell that im not resposable for it but also fell the customer isnt at fault either but either way someone is going to have to dish out another 3k for a new top. If i find the problem i will pass it on to you but if any reades have found the problem i would sure like to hear from you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts