Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ,just started noticeing since it's been getting dark earlier that the headlight beams seems to be shaking as i'm driving anyone had anything similar?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have noticed the same on my car - I thought perhaps it was something to do with the zenon lights but I was given a loan car the other day, same model, and there was no shake or vibration whatsoever?!?!?

Plan to get my dealer to look at it when it goes in for a service...

unless of course someone on this forum knows of a fix??

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
That is normal on bumby roads. They constantly align.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you kmow something DD i thought that!! but i was'nt convinced,i thought the headlights were loose :( hope your right.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sure this is down to the re-alignment. My last car did this bigtime.....the A5's a massive improvement
G

·
Registered
371 Posts
it is the auto aligning headlights. I have an A6 that when I hit a bump or dip they wiggle up or down slightly, that is because they are correctling themselves.

Your headlights aren't going to fall of anytime soon.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks guys,maybe it's in the owners manual!!! suppose thats what it's there for.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is normal on bumby roads. They constantly align.
It's great isn't it, I think it's called progress.

The lights in my wife S-MAX intermittently blink which is evidently down to the cars "smart charging system." It can be quite off putting.

Dont you think advances in technology sometimes takes us backwards? For example, having a pointless starter button that I have suffered in my last two cars. What was wrong with putting a key in and starting it!

Yours sincerely

Grumpy old man :mad:

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's great isn't it, I think it's called progress.

The lights in my wife S-MAX intermittently blink which is evidently down to the cars "smart charging system." It can be quite off putting.

Dont you think advances in technology sometimes takes us backwards? For example, having a pointless starter button that I have suffered in my last two cars. What was wrong with putting a key in and starting it!

Yours sincerely

Grumpy old man :mad:
Indeed, you have to wonder why they ever bothered with windscreens really, especially as Henry Ford and all his mates quite happily managed with a good old pair of goggles:):)!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Just adding a voice to the choir: Completely normal behaviour for Audi's Xenon lights for years now - they are auto-aligning (as required by law in EU).

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yep, I second that - perfectly normal!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yes mine shake and its pretty sh1t really. I know they have the auto align function as require by law and the shake is most likely down to the way in which the light unit is mounted to allow for the alignment but lets get this right, the shake is most certainly not actual alignment taking place. It is literally a shake. I see this shake when driving on rough road. I can see the auto alignment happening in different circumstances for example under acceleration or braking, the light beam moves up & down in nice controlled steps to prevent dazzle.
It really does appear to be poor quality design. The lights are only required to move vertically to react to the pitch of the car on the road so surely it should be easy to achieve this while still keeping the moveable part nicely damped and not shaking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts