Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, yeah, I'm making a personal update thread for my car, wanna fight about it?

:)

Anyway, received some great news today - my car was inspected on 6/23!! So, I have a VIN! It's real! :D

Current Dates and History:
Release to Manufacture: 4/22/08
Release to Production: 6/4/08
Factory Inspected: 6/23/08
Ship Loaded: 6/27/08
Port Arrive: 7/21/08
Dealer Delivered 7/25/08
Pick up! 7/27/08

I'll update this whenever I get status changes. Thanks for looking, pics coming soon-ish!

·
Registered
204 Posts
LOL
Here is my data. I got my Vin also

Current Dates and History:
Release to Manufacture: 4/22/08
Release to Production: 5//30/08
Factory Inspected: 6/12/08
Ship Loaded : 6/21/08
Port Arrive (ETA): 7/17/08
Dealer Delivered (ETA) 7/28/08

2009 S5 MT Mugello Blue Pearl special order, Black Leather/Tan Alcantara
B&O Carbon Fiber trim

·
Registered
134 Posts
SGTAngry and TonnyG - have you received pricing yet for the 2009s? I heard that until pricing is finalized, they cannot release any 2009 models from port.:(

My S5 is real also and is scheduled to hit the port on 7/16, but may be delayed in getting onto a ship because of pricing not being set. Hopefully it gets worked out in the next week or so. I am anticipating early August for my pics to show up on the forum.:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
It is realease from port here in the US, not Germany that might get delayed if Audis pricing is not set. I'm sure we will see pricing any day now as both Audi
and dealers stand to loose money if the cars is not getting delivered. I'm pretty sure Audi NA will not want their cars sitting in port here waiting for release, they are looking at paying storage fees etc. for the cars if that happens.

Tonny

·
Registered
39 Posts
SGTAngry mine isn't far behind (assuming I decide to move forward since I can't do ED...). Let me know if you hear about prices. We could be two of only a few S5s in the Bay!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Obviously still no word on pricing. I'm hoping that the beginning of a new month brings some new information! As far as pricing is concerned, I'm sure that you'll see it al over the forums as soon as something is announced.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Received a one week bump FORWARD on my ship loading! 7/4 up to 6/27, which is closer to the original date they expected it to be loaded on the boat.

It's on the water!! :D

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fellas....
Have you seen this thread post on the hail storm 6/22 at the departure port? http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/very-bad-news-3495/index.html?t=3495

My ship load ETA was 6/25 with East coast arrival 7/9.
I just hope for the best for now...

Have your dealers said anything to you?
My actual date for ship loading was 6/27, so everything is fine on my end and the car is loaded on the boat. I was worried about it a bit, but it's actually on the way. The best bet for you is to get your dealer to check the status and see if it's been delayed or not.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still on track for a 7/23 port arrival.

Now that pricing is available I've finished all the paperwork and such and will sign the contracts tomorrow for financing and what not. Even have the insurance lined up so that the pickup will go smoothly (at least from my end) with the car. I'm hoping that the time from port arrival to dealer delivery gets sped up just a bit!! Would like to take delivery sometime early in the week of 7/28...:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are you guys getting this info from your dealers?? Mine seems to be dealing with Audi USA by carrier pigeon... They're so out of the loop it's unreal.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you guys getting this info from your dealers?? Mine seems to be dealing with Audi USA by carrier pigeon... They're so out of the loop it's unreal.
You only need the commission number, and your dealer can log in to the Audi system and check the status at any time. I received weekly updates from the salesman since mid May, and he always has time to talk to me on the phone or answer my emails.

There is no reason why they can't check the status immediately. Actually, most of the updates I receive are on the phone, and then an email follow up so I can read everything for myself. Ask him to check while you stay with him on the phone.

Do you know if they had an allocation for your order? If not, your overall wait may still be quite a while.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Car arrives at the port this coming Wednesday 7/23! I'll find out on Thursday when I'll be able to go down to southern California to pick it up!

Also, since the pricing was available last weekend I'm completely sorted as far as financing and such, and have signed all the contracts and other paperwork. Just have to walk in, drop off a check and take delivery once the dealer receives and preps the car!! Can't wait.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Awesome! My car is due in port on the same date 7/23 on the East coast. I'll be interested to hear how your delivery goes. Hopefully, it won't actually take a full 2 weeks to get our cars to the dealers. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:) :)

The car is here!! And it's already on a truck and will be at the dealer tomorrow!! Flying down to Southern California on Sunday morning to pick it up!

Good times!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Awesome!!!:D Thanks for the pics...really cool to see the wrapper being taken off! Mine should be doing the same thing in about 3 weeks...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
More pics!! I'm pretty darn excited, driving it home tomorrow night, should be back to San Francisco sometime between 10 and Midnight depending on taking 101 or the 5.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts