Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, just wondering how I can get the settings of volume when I start the car. My previous A4 had the option, so even though if I was playing the music loud before I turn off the engine, when I start it again, it goes back to the settings that I have preset, which is low (level 4)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I don't recall ever seeing that option on the A5.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yeah...there doesn't seem to be any provision for that, unfortunately. My wife's VW does it too, and I must say it's a nice feature.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My A5 does the opposite. The sound is cranked up when I start it. I'm wondering if has something to do with the volume knob on the stereo vs. the steering wheel? I haven't tried it yet but I noticed that the stereo was cranked up when I started it last time. I mainly use the steering wheel controls. But then again, who knows.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine is always at the volume I left it when I turned the car off. I usually just use the main volume knob though. Maybe it doesn't save the volume setting from the thumbwheel?

·
Registered
714 Posts
I think what BPP is referring to is a "max volume on startup" type option. My A3 used to have it and I'm really missing it on the A5 particularly as the stereo insists on playing every time you start the engine.

I often gradually increase the volume as I drive - the longer I drive, the louder it gets. The thing is, if you've started at vol 10 and increased to vol 20, starting the car and being bombarded with vol 20 immediately feels like being thrust into the middle of an air raid.

I really miss this feature but couldn't find it in my mapping of the AIS options.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/mmi-and-ais-2717/index.html?t=2717

The closest I could find were the volumes for the traffic alerts and ICE Fader (changes the volume when the parking sensors are in use).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To think that we paid extra for the B & O system, something like this is not included! Also, I find it weird that the sound system is not muted or volume level is lowered automactically when the acoustic sensors are activated.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think Audi should unlock all settings via the MMI so we can customise things as we want. Merc's and BMW's have hundreds of options, some are more useful than others, but at least they have the option!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
To think that we paid extra for the B & O system, something like this is not included! Also, I find it weird that the sound system is not muted or volume level is lowered automactically when the acoustic sensors are activated.
'
The volume of the music when the acoustic parking sensors can be preset via the MMI... mine came from the factory with a low setting when the parking sensors are operating.

·
Registered
714 Posts
'
The volume of the music when the acoustic parking sensors can be preset via the MMI... mine came from the factory with a low setting when the parking sensors are operating.
+1

On my car this is found under the setup options for SOUND ... right at the bottom of the list (which contains Bass, Treble etc) there is an option to set the volume that in car entertainment will be set to when the parking sensors are engaged.

·
Registered
121 Posts
+1

On my car this is found under the setup options for SOUND ... right at the bottom of the list (which contains Bass, Treble etc) there is an option to set the volume that in car entertainment will be set to when the parking sensors are engaged.
I don't think he means when the parking sensors are engaged. I think he means when your on the highway going 80 mph.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I thought this is what GALA was?

On my old S4 it did have the maximum volume setting when turning on the ignition, and it was pretty useful, but I can't find any sign of it on the A5's MMI.

The GALA is there though under Sound>B+O Settings>GALA, but you can only set it on or off. On my old S4 you could set the amount of volume change with speed on a scale of 0-5 (I had mine set to 5 and it was quite noticeable, particularly when slowing down that the volume would reduce with speed - very useful).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
+1

. right at the bottom of the list (which contains Bass, Treble etc) there is an option to set the volume that in car entertainment will be set to when the parking sensors are engaged.
Not in my menu! I have the B & O system and nothing remotely comes close to that!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think what BPP is referring to is a "max volume on startup" type option. My A3 used to have it and I'm really missing it on the A5 particularly as the stereo insists on playing every time you start the engine.

Tuff- If you press and hold the off/on knob, it will turn off the radio system completely, not just mute it. So the next time you start the car the audio/MMI system will be off. Simply press once on the off/on knob to turn it on. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts