Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone driven there car 5000 miles yet and had the first service done without having purchased Audi Care? Ive done some searching on maintenance threads here but havent come across this. I know the price of Audi Care isnt bad, but Im wondering how much the actual service costs are turning out to be for those who havent purchased it, and if anyone has any idea what the 15k, 30k and 45k versions might cost. For now, my default choice is to go with the Audi Care package. That $645 fee hasnt moved for a while, which is weird, given how much Im guessing just the cost of the OIL alone has risen in the last year. i wonder if it will still cost that when I go next week to pick up my car....

·
Registered
415 Posts
The 5,000 mile service is included in the US warranty. Hope you realize you should be getting that for free.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aiya, I forgot about that! OK, then Im guessing no one has gotten to 15k, so it is going to be complete guesswork, on the cost, aside from comparing to other Audi model costs. Thx.

Since I dont have my car yet, and can't access my parents' manual (it's on the other side of the country with their car), does anyone know how the service intervals differ in terms of what is done?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Filter and Mobil 1 oil was just over $100 for the oil change. 10qts of oil adds up fast, plus the $25 oil filter. I also purchased a drain plug washer. It took about 30 minutes to change my own oil on jack stands.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Audi Care is supposed to cover 4 services 15k, 25k, 35k and 45k. They are essentially 4 oil changes. Doing them yourself will be much cheaper. Being able to rotate the tires isn't a bad thing either. Expect a cash visit to the dealer for them to run about 150-200. And in two or three years it could be higher.

I opted not to get it. After 2 visits to my service center I am very happy I didn't. I never want to see that place again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Number2,which dealer were you so unhappy with ? I live in northern NJ and bought my S5 at Classic Audi in Eastchester , NY. Just received a letter reminding me to have the 5,000 mile service done. Any suggestions to a spectacular service department ?
With Thanx,
Cathy

·
Registered
100 Posts
Aiya, I forgot about that! OK, then Im guessing no one has gotten to 15k, so it is going to be complete guesswork, on the cost, aside from comparing to other Audi model costs. Thx.

Since I dont have my car yet, and can't access my parents' manual (it's on the other side of the country with their car), does anyone know how the service intervals differ in terms of what is done?

In Honolulu, I can't remember the exact price, but I paid around $400 for the 15K service. I am leasing and Audi Care (full maintenance plan) was not offered. They offered an $800 Service Plan that saves only 15% of each service. By the time I return my car, it wouldnt be worth the savings. I think I calculated something like $740 for out of poacket expense versus $800 by the end of my lease.

·
Registered
78 Posts
On my dealer's service scheduling website I saw:
~$400 for 15k
~$800 for 25k
~$400 for 35k

Service is not only about oil change, correct? Plus, you need to have maintenance records if you want any warranty work done.
I think the MSRP in the US is $790, and is worth it for the peace of mind (considering that service > oil change)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Not just oil changes. You also get cabin/air filter changes, tire rotation, brake fluid flush, and any other needs. I also get the roll over safety check for my cab.

It cost me $850 for 15/25/35/45 service.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Number2,which dealer were you so unhappy with ? I live in northern NJ and bought my S5 at Classic Audi in Eastchester , NY. Just received a letter reminding me to have the 5,000 mile service done. Any suggestions to a spectacular service department ?
With Thanx,
Cathy
Cathy, Im a big fan of Jack Daniels Audi in NJ. I used to take my 01 S4 to them a few years back. They always treated me well even though I did not buy the car there. Heres a link: Jack Daniels Audi - Paramus, NJ | Service Appointment I bought my current car at classic in eastchester as well and will prob just get it serviced there.

To keep the thread somewhat on topic, I paid $870 for the audi care on my 2013 S5.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.