Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, apologies if this has been asked before I have searched the Forum to no avail. I have a 2014 S5 Coupe and the battery shall need replacing soon. In preparation for that can anyone recommend if possible with a link an economical route to owning a scanner that will permit me to code the battery the car has start/stop. Future uses for said scanner will be general maintenance so the function to clear the service indicator and release rear calipers for brake maintenance will be essential too. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The ultimate version would be VCDS but I found cheaper alternative that meet my needs.

£35 for the basic white adapter
£22 for the Pro licence
£5 Delivery

You can do normal scan without the Pro licence but need Pro to code the battery and release the E-brake calipers

Never pay for any credits, you can collect credits by watching some short clip adverts 6 credits per day. Its 10 credits to retract the E-brake and another 10 to return to original position.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
£35 for the basic white adapter
£22 for the Pro licence
£5 Delivery

You can do normal scan without the Pro licence but need Pro to code the battery and release the E-brake calipers

Never pay for any credits, you can collect credits by watching some short clip adverts 6 credit a per day. Its 10 credits to retract the E-brake and another 10 to return to original position.
Many thanks for sharing your invaluable experience especially the advice around credit I shall go and look into it! Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.