Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

The A5 Sportback is my dream car; I would love to own one for my daily usage. Unfortunately, dreams do have to give way to reality, and I'm seeking advice from current owners on whether my dream can become reality.

I live in Jamaica, and my current financial position doesn't allow me to consider a brand-new dealer A5 Sportback. However, I may have an opportunity in the near future to import an A5 Sportback from Japan at a price I can manage. My questions are:

1. How reliable is the A5 for daily usage?
2. How expensive is maintenance and parts? Is it along the lines of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it"?
3. Is there any significant difference in models for various countries? Can I carry the imported car to a dealer and install the English-version software therein?

For comparison, my current ride is a 2017 Mazda CX-5 which I bought new from the dealer, and I have been managing the maintenance and financing for it quite well. If the maintenance costs are similar to my current ride, I should be fine. If it is a lot more, then I would be driving a white elephant. Thanks for your advice in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts