Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the owners manual, in readiness for when I get my S5 next month and saw that the S5 has seat ventillation.

Wondered what members thought of this feature and how often people use it?

Where does the air get released from? - on my test drive I didn't see any vent holes.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I was actually going to ask about this... seat ventalation is an option in the new A4, but not in the S5. I don't know how you saw it in the manual. I don't think it is standard, or even optional.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
My friends Mercedes (a couple years old) has the ventilated seat system. I thought it was the funniest thing when he first told me about it, but now I realize that it makes perfect sense, especially here in Florida, and it does work fairly well. I'd certainly take that over the heated seats I'm getting (again, in this area) as part of premium or whatever.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have ventilated seats in my M45. Cooling works GREAT in the summer; keeps everything nice, dry & cool. Heating works HORRIBLY in the winter; you can barely tell that there's heat coming out until you get where you're going.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I heard this was an option that was coming but wasnt available yet. Like most Audi models, they seem to add things as they go along and dont wait until mid term facelifts etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was reading the owners manual, in readiness for when I get my S5 next month and saw that the S5 has seat ventillation.

Wondered what members thought of this feature and how often people use it?

Where does the air get released from? - on my test drive I didn't see any vent holes.
How did you get a copy of the owners manual? Do you happen to have this in electronic format? thanks...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JimmyZ -page 105 of the Manual

Hi Jimmy,

You can read about seat ventillation on page 105 of the owners manual - assuming you have the same version as me.

On further reading it looks like its going to be a later feature -bummer I was looking forward to that feature.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have to be honest... I am quite upset at Audi postponing so many options for US cars until MY 2009, like Audi Lane Assist, Comfort Seats (ventilation and heating), Audi Drive Select and Audi Hill Hold Assist. If they were available, I would get all these options except Lane Assist, as I don't like the 4 spoke steering wheel that comes with it.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Hello, i'm hew here and i just wanted to know if some of you have Seat Ventilation option on S5 and if you have any closer pictures of those seats?

I only found this on the net.

Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
Seat ventilation is a nice feature, but the looks of the holes in the seats is kinda whack. Well, that's with Mercedes, dunno if it will look the same in Audi's.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I don't believe this option is avaialble in States (on the 08 models -- at least not when I was ordering). It may be an 09 availablity in the US...but I am not sure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Seat ventilation is a good feature, the only downside is that they replace the S5 seats with sport seats.
And yes, they do have little holes

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Does anyone of you have pics of those seats in S5, because i can't find any?

Regards
Where did you find that pic of the MMI seat ventilation controls? Couldn't you perhaps ask the person who posted that pic to also post pics of their seats? :confused: Just a thought.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would like to have it too, but the A5's in the US don't have it yet even though it is in the manual as well.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
If the option had been available when I ordered mine I would take it. Now the better weather is coming and we have had a few hot days, I have found it can get a bit uncomfortable wearing a shirt/t-shirt for longer journeys.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts