Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently bought a full s line interior from UK, everything seemed plug and play, but my 2013 Audi A5 Sportback SE model came with standard cloth seats with heating.

My new S line full leather seats are also manual seats but with electric lumbar support, so from there it seemed like the only problem would be to get that working.

I rewired the connector from my old seats airbag connectors over to my new seats, and connected the black connections to the black plug, but left is a red connection that doesent fit the green plug my car has, and the old connect on my old seats was green..

I dident want to just rewire the old green connector over to my new seats without consulting someone about their fitment experience first, and risk frying my fusebox.

Im sure someone made a swap like mine from the boring seats to s line like me, so please how did you guys get around the issue of different connectors.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Same chassis seats? Weird that some of the plugs were different as all the threads I've seen have stated it was all plus and play. When I swapped my seats from A to S5 super sport seats the plugs were all the same, all I did was swapping over the electronic seat module underneath the seat to avoid component protection.

I coincidentally had a brief look through Audi's own workshop repair manual about seats last night, and there was no mention of different connectors between the seat types etc, the only difference would be the level of equipment, typically if the seat is heated that will have it's own connector, alongside the buckle receptacle, airbag and power to the electrics.

Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same chassis seats? Weird that some of the plugs were different as all the threads I've seen have stated it was all plus and play. When I swapped my seats from A to S5 super sport seats the plugs were all the same, all I did was swapping over the electronic seat module underneath the seat to avoid component protection.

I coincidentally had a brief look through Audi's own workshop repair manual about seats last night, and there was no mention of different connectors between the seat types etc, the only difference would be the level of equipment, typically if the seat is heated that will have it's own connector, alongside the buckle receptacle, airbag and power to the electrics.

Regards
I just updated my post with a picture of the wiring,.

·
Registered
784 Posts
If the cables match up, is it not possible to re-pin and swap over the connector?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
iirc the red connector was for power, green controls heating and the black was seatbelt buckle switch and occupancy mat etc
i would recheck your wiring diagrams

1 - 5 of 5 Posts