Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very interested in a B8.5 S5 but am concerned about headroom.

I currently drive a 2019 M240i but for personal reasons am looking to consolidate some cash and buy something a bit cheaper but that still looks nice and is decent to drive

the B8.5 S5 seems to fit that bill nicely.
It looks good and is actually a step up in interior material quality etc.

However I'm 6'5" (and big build) and am told I have a tall torso.

As no S5's available local I tried an A5 yesterday with manual adjustment S-Line seats for size and in my usual driving position my head was firmly against the roof lining although everything else was great.

So my question is are the seats lower in an S5 with it being a sportier model or will I have to adapt my driving position to a more reclined one ?

· Registered
13 Posts
I'm very interested in a B8.5 S5 but am concerned about headroom.

I currently drive a 2019 M240i but for personal reasons am looking to consolidate some cash and buy something a bit cheaper but that still looks nice and is decent to drive

the B8.5 S5 seems to fit that bill nicely.
It looks good and is actually a step up in interior material quality etc.

However I'm 6'5" (and big build) and am told I have a tall torso.

As no S5's available local I tried an A5 yesterday with manual adjustment S-Line seats for size and in my usual driving position my head was firmly against the roof lining although everything else was great.

So my question is are the seats lower in an S5 with it being a sportier model or will I have to adapt my driving position to a more reclined one ?
I am 6'4" and have no issues in 2015 S5. The seats drop quite low.

· Registered
854 Posts
I would say opposite actually, 6'1" and with my S5 seat at it's lowest (albeit I prefer a fairly upright seat back, my spiky hairdo touches the headliner. I personally couldn't recommend it for you if you got 4" on me but you really ought to try a car first.

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.