Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to disable the annoying seat belt warning?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Put on your seat belt...

But seriously there is no other way, its there as a safety mechanism. Anyway driving without a seltbeat is illegal

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok i was wrong there is a way then :D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
It's there for a reason.

·
Administrator
4,600 Posts
the safety belt warning has 3 settings:
- off
- RoW - Rest of the World
- NA - North America
ok, it is a justified warning, but does it have to start as soon as the ignition is turned on, resp. the engine is started ??
it used to start warning you, when you exceeded a speed of about 10 mph
any suggestions as how to change this ??
thnks
Fred

·
Registered
128 Posts
People are ridiculous with the 'put on your seatbelt' comments. It is the most annoying sound in the world. If you back out of your garage, the thing goes crazy. You guys suggesting that I need to wear my seatbelt when backing from the garage to my private driveway?

I wear my seatbelt 100% of the time and have disabled the chime in every single car I have owned. Just because you want the chime turned off, doesn't mean you don't wear your seatbelt.

Now if we can figure out how to disable the 'headlights on' chime while sitting in the car, we will be in business.

·
Registered
363 Posts
People are ridiculous with the 'put on your seatbelt' comments. It is the most annoying sound in the world. If you back out of your garage, the thing goes crazy. You guys suggesting that I need to wear my seatbelt when backing from the garage to my private driveway?

I wear my seatbelt 100% of the time and have disabled the chime in every single car I have owned. Just because you want the chime turned off, doesn't mean you don't wear your seatbelt.

Now if we can figure out how to disable the 'headlights on' chime while sitting in the car, we will be in business.
It must be a different set up for you guys in the States. I don't have any chime on mine, only a really annoying constant warning tone when I leave the keys in the ignition and open the driver's door.

Mind you, I agree about the reversing out the garage. If I don't have my seatbelt on, the handbrake stays on until I put the foot on the parking brake and release the brake manually. Put my belt on and the parking brake releases automatically.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I haven't come across the disabling of the long annoying tone when the door is open or the lights are on but someone did post a way of muting it by pressing the reset button on the bottom of the wiper stalk. It works like a charm and I greatly enjoy not hearing the tone when I open my door with the car running.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I want to disable it to be able to carry objects on my passenger seat. I'm pretty sure that it is possible to do.

Does anybody know if it times out? On BMW the chime goes for about 30 seconds and then stops, is that the same with the Audi?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
It must be a different set up for you guys in the States.
I think the fact there's a North American setting and then a Rest of World setting should be a clue? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts