Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knocked the side of my A5 on the weekend against a bumber for a van :(
Luckly no dents or paint loss, but I do have some scuff marks - any tips on the best way to touch these up/remove them?

Thanks

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'm assuming that you'd tried T-Cut as a 1st attempt? If all else fails, it's probably worth speaking to your local dealer. I grazed the corner of my previous A6 (Silver Metallic) and the body shop resprayed the affected bit / blended it in with the rest of the 3yr old paintwork for just £80. End result was as good as new (except that I still felt like a plonker!)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Depending on the colour or color, t cut can be a bit harsh. Try Scratch X, a lot milder and works very well. Get it from halfrauds around £9. Wax over it afterwards to reseal the paintwork

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Depending on the colour or color, t cut can be a bit harsh. Try Scratch X, a lot milder and works very well. Get it from halfrauds around £9. Wax over it afterwards to reseal the paintwork

Second that but use a lint free cloth or you'll put scratches on as you polish them out. Good luck.

·
Registered
457 Posts
A good polish works for me with those types of things.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Second that but use a lint free cloth or you'll put scratches on as you polish them out. Good luck.
I recommend a microfiber cloth specifically. These have a much less tendency to scratch your paint. They can be picked up at most auto parts stores and washed and dried gently in your washing machine/dryer.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I recommend a microfiber cloth specifically. These have a much less tendency to scratch your paint. They can be picked up at most auto parts stores and washed and dried gently in your washing machine/dryer.
How very domesticated of you!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts