Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined the ScottishVag forum the other day, seems like a good bunch to me.

They have a meet at the end of the month 26th I think. Anyway as Jen has mentioned before the have VAGCOM too, which is something I'm personally interested in having used on my motor to sort the DRLs out.

So what I was thinking if we can't get enough people to have an A5OC meet in Scotland, how many people would be interested in poping along to theirs? Myself and Jen are already going. Rab you interested - Good chance for some pics too.

I believe it is at the underground car park at Fountain Park in Edinburgh so weather will not be an issue at all.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Too right im bored of trying to get you guys to meet so i went to scottish vag :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I would love to do a mini meet in scotland but its not worth it for a day or two. It has to be a long weekend and it would have to fit in with school hols. Loch Lomond sounds like a great idea. Drive up Friday after school. Have the meet split on the Saturday and Sunday (to allow Saturday drivers to arrive that day and cater for those that need to go home on Sunday). However, those that can go back on Monday or Tuesday can have a few days enjoying a break.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I might go if i'm not too busy. Regarding the VAGCOM which the guys will bring with them, it's probably not the right interface for the a5/s5, as ours are the newer versions. I can't imagine there's any B8 audi owners there with the newer interface ??

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might go if i'm not too busy. Regarding the VAGCOM which the guys will bring with them, it's probably not the right interface for the a5/s5, as ours are the newer versions. I can't imagine there's any B8 audi owners there with the newer interface ??
I'll find out about the interface and get back to you. If they don't have the right interface how much would one cost?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im interested in going along. Ill just have to check if im working first if 26th is defo the date

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sorry folks but the 26th is a no go for me , I go back offshore on the 23rd :(

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
stitcher theres a meet at Edzel on the 11th :) im going along to that one if you trundle down

·
Registered
132 Posts
vag com

Check out the ross-tech website. The cable & plug is different i think, and the software has to be beyond a certain version.
I have the HEX USB version at the moment and am planning to upgrade it to the can bus version as soon as I either go to the US (May) or my buddy comes over here (sooner).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.