Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some answers to some very basic questions. Sorry!

1) Why am i unable to eject the Nav DVD out of the player in the boot on my S5? is there some sort of lock on it?

2) My S5 has an 07 Nav disk, we also have an A3 with the DVD system, this has a newer 08 disk. Can i just copy this disk and get it to work in the S5?

Any help will be much appreciated

·
Registered
159 Posts
I need some answers to some very basic questions. Sorry!

1) Why am i unable to eject the Nav DVD out of the player in the boot on my S5? is there some sort of lock on it?

2) My S5 has an 07 Nav disk, we also have an A3 with the DVD system, this has a newer 08 disk. Can i just copy this disk and get it to work in the S5?

Any help will be much appreciated
Hi,

I thought my SatNat unit was faulty as it didn't eject the disk either, but the dealer explained it should have been unlocked during the PDI. Audi lock the drive from the factory as the DVD's were being stolen at the ports! It's an electronic lock so dealer visit required.

Not sure about your second question.

Simon

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Ahh, that explains a lot. Mine was unlocked and what SBJ says seems to fit the fact that a few do not get unlocked.

The S5 has a different system to the A3. If you are coming to the APS meet in June, then bring a blank DVD +R with you...... ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.