Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the map and route running i found my map froze and then the MMI system went through a reboot; anyone else experienced this? I was trying to zoom out at the time it happened. :confused: Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I've had a similar issue, although wasn't during Sat Nav. Just a software blip i guess. It would be too hard to recreate if it went back to the dealership, so I just forgot about it.

If you do get more problems though, and they can be recreated, then by all means, get it back into the dealership and have it sorted.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have experienced a similar problem to this. I was not using my sat nav at the time though, I was playing a CD when suddenly it went quiet, the MMI went blank for about 5 seconds and then "booted up" again. Its only happened once since I got the car in September though. :confused:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies- i had this happen on my Alfa and it happend a few times, after which the garage admitted one of the cables to the rear speakers is prone to getting pinched which resulted in an intermittent short circuit, causing the MMI equivalent to reboot- they traced the cable and rerouted it, and the problem stopped.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I had a very similar thing with my old 2.8 Quattro A4 where the passenger door sometimes wouldn't unlock with the rest of the central locking. It was traced down to a pinched cable into the door which was apparently a common problem with the B5 platform A4 according to the Audi dealer I took it to (Ayr Audi in Scotland).

Not sure there will be enough experience out there in the Audi dealer network to know about common faults with the A5/S5 as yet though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts