Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I have a 3.0 TDI A5 (black with all the extras) coming on 1 September - it will be my first Audi.

Having not been used to Audi etc - is the SAT NAV good - I use a Tom Tom 910 at the moment and I think its great. Does the Audi Sat Nav (plus) have speed camera database functions?

Also I note that it is a DVD based system. Do I assume its updated by the use of a new DVD (e.g. with new maps / cameras etc).

Thanks for your comments / advice

regards

Mark

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do a lot of the SatNavs in Europe have speed camera databases? I've never heard of it considering I live in America where they're scarce in comparison. That's a really cool feature though!!! I don't know how advanced Audi's SatNavs are, but the only thing that would truly make me happy is if it got traffic updates like the Japanese cars do (Infiniti/Lexus/Honda/etc.) So far though I've heard no special features of the SatNav and to be honest just even having one will be a step up for me from my current SatNav-less car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi All.

I have a 3.0 TDI A5 (black with all the extras) coming on 1 September - it will be my first Audi.

Having not been used to Audi etc - is the SAT NAV good - I use a Tom Tom 910 at the moment and I think its great. Does the Audi Sat Nav (plus) have speed camera database functions?

Also I note that it is a DVD based system. Do I assume its updated by the use of a new DVD (e.g. with new maps / cameras etc).

Thanks for your comments / advice

regards

Mark
Sadly no they don't. I use the TomTom 910 in my other car and the speed camera database is very handy indeed.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just use a Road Angel when I'm going out of my local area (I already know where all the local cameras are!). Agree that it would be super-neat to have this integrated into the main Audi system...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a PDA with Tomtom & Medion installed on it,got all the cameras and poi(points of interest) PDA only cost £130:) ,could not justify spending £2000:( on the Audi kit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now using the sat nav to navigate and a Road Angel for speed (not used on every trip - just long ones outside my local area). Still miss the TOm TOM 910..!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts