Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested?

Admission for normal RWYB public track days is £10, plus a one-off signing on fee of £25 for drivers for unlimited runs or £10 for passengers going down the strip. Great bit of fun and as many runs as you want, or £10 admission just to watch.

Anyone wanting to run the strip....

1. A full valid recognised driving licence is required to sign-on.

2. Seat belt is mandatory for your own safety.

3. Helmets required for all bikes and open top cars, and any vehicles doing 110 mph or more at the finish line.

4. Bikers have to wear crash helmet together with appropriate motorcycle riding apparel. One-piece or two-piece zip-together suits are recommended, made from suitable materials. You may be suspended from using the strip if you are not appropriately dressed. T-shirts and shorts are not safe items to wear on the track.

5. Before you go on to the track you need to visit the signing on office to sign a declaration form and pay your signing on fee.

Run What Ya Brung (RWYB) - Public Track Day

We've never had an RS5 owner run so would be good to see at least one :thumbsup:

·
Registered
982 Posts
Ok, it's in the calendar - one more run-out for my ageing steed. I echo the call for some RS5 owners to put away their Meguiars and Man Up! Unless they're scared.

·
Registered
497 Posts
More noise to disturb my quiet Sundays

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Mmm, this could be fun watching Spinner leave his clutch on the start line. Will work on getting an escape chit seeing I couldn't make it last time.

Matt, are you going to post a decent time this time around ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would be good to see you Mulski! You know what, I'm not going to aim for anything but it would be nice to improve on past attempts without spluttering parts all over the tarmac ;)

My experience would suggest it'll depend if Santa Pod staff can be bothered to prep the track properly at this time of year (unlike last year). I will say though that if Richard's TTS S5 attempts 5-5.5k rpm launches that he believes are required for a good time he'll definatley be in for a shock. Feb last year at 4k romp I was lighting all 4 wheels up or even worse just bouncing off the line LOL.

·
Registered
982 Posts
:laughinatabove: And the excuses have begun - bring it on, dwarf-boy!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
LOL, I've been forecasting snow since last October - and I'm running out of Winter! But in any case, all sorted - I'll simply lend him mine. Jack and wheel brace at the ready!

·
Registered
982 Posts
This has quietened down a bit - what's the scores on the doors (assuming that it won't be rained/snowed/frozen off, which is a distinct possibility...)?
  • Spinner
  • joegals
  • Mulski (tentative)
  • Dannyboy (tentative)
  • Richard/TTS (tentative)
Is that really it? Has every other A/S/RS owner been stuck by the deadly Pussy Ray from Space?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
This has quietened down a bit - what's the scores on the doors (assuming that it won't be rained/snowed/frozen off, which is a distinct possibility...)?
  • Spinner
  • joegals
  • Mulski (tentative)
  • Dannyboy (tentative)
  • Richard/TTS (tentative)
Is that really it? Has every other A/S/RS owner been stuck by the deadly Pussy Ray from Space?
I have an escape chit from she who must be obeyed so will be there :thumbsup:

Cheers

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To be honest not sure Joe, I was originally going to see how Dan got on with his RS4 TTS kit but he's pulled out. I'm assuming TTS still are unsure about their clutch issues on the S5 and Danny's not sure if he'll be allowed out the door.

I was just going to let it roll and see what happens m8.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If icy they'll shut the track until sorted. Last time I was there (about this time last year) it pissed with rain from about 11am onwards, ended up calling it a day around 2pm when there hadn't been any let up in the weather.

Think it's going to be very much a suck it and see what the weathers up to nearer the time m8!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi All,

Is the meet still on? If so count me in.

Cheers

suns 70

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hi Suns, hope you're well and have had a good year since we last met up.

So, is this a go-er or not? It's Wednesday, so time to sort out the weekend plans. If we don't have critical mass, I have a son who wants me to take him to the local Alfa garage to spec out his first car - I thing going to the 'Pod will be easier on my wallet......

Santa Pod weather for Sunday currently looking to be dry and sunny, six degrees. The superchargers will love it and the RS5 Gaylords wouldn't even have to worry about getting their cars dirty.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I reckon so Joe, let's get numbers confirmed...

1. Spinner
2. Joegals
3. Suns

1 - 20 of 73 Posts