Registered
821 Posts
Oo Oo I can't wait to find out more info :D

Cheers Again Spinner

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any word of power output and resulting performance figures, Spinner?

I would assume they're looking at approx. 290BHP & 400lb/ft. How much were they looking for moneywise?

Cheers,

T
Sorry Tim, I've no idea. Best to contact Graham of Sanspeed on 0208 301 4674 / [email protected] for further info.

As per other thread I've sorted special prices for forum members....
  • Remap only £499
  • Remap with before and after dyno £599
Hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
This sounds like great news... I suspect that Sanspeed might be eating APS's lunch... as their re-map for the 3.0 TDI is still not ready...Seems to have been in development since I bought my car in April..

So guys what shall I do? Wait for APS or go for the Sanspeed? Any opinions would be gratefully received....

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
This sounds like great news... I suspect that Sanspeed might be eating APS's lunch... as their re-map for the 3.0 TDI is still not ready...Seems to have been in development since I bought my car in April..

So guys what shall I do? Wait for APS or go for the Sanspeed? Any opinions would be gratefully received....

I thought that the remap could not be done because the software used by both sanspeed and APS doesn't work with the new CPUs in the diesels? Hence the delay???

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For those not following the S5 mods thread ... Regarding the confusion over the TDI remap.

I have spoken to Graham @ Sanspeed further and he will be posting here very shortly with a clear explanation. From what I understand (don't forget I'm far from pretending to be an expert) there is a problem with tools used creating a checksum error. However after some research Graham believes he can overcome this manually. I say believes as he has yet to do it and proof is obviously in the pudding. What he has suggested and will be confirming is that he will happily offer an opportunity for the first TDI'er to go ahead FOC (i.e. be the guineenne pig)!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Me Me Me........ I have Emailed and Phoned - Just hope he gets the Message I think i would make a great guineapig :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
A5 TDI EDC17 remap

No problem dbs2,

In theory we can program the ECU, the problem is that we are all waiting for a tool which will program in the tuned file and correct the checksum for us.

So we can try to correct the checksum in the file before we program the car.

The problem being the EDC17 has a tricore processor with additional checksums which are not in the file that we are programming.

So please contact us if you would like to try this, FOC.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Great - I'll give you a ring this morning and have a chat then Graham........ see if i can understand what you mean LOL

deano :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
The big day is approaching and i'm starting to get nervous :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.