Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a little bored... flame on!

(a little much, but I'd rather have this than the circle fogs)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Um, no comment. :D

Nice Photoshop work, though.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
No.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Looks kind of cool to me :p.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I saw someone with LED strips fitted to a current-shape A4 (can't remember where) in a similar way, which made it look a bit like an S6 if it were coming up fast behind you, so these things are entirely available and this is completely do-able. It would take a little bit of wiring to get them fitted in just at the top of the blank grills above the fogs - might pose a trouble on an A5 where the fogs cut into the bumper, but might be easier on an S5 where they don't.

Doesn't look too bad to me, but can't really see the point - fitting white bulbs into the fogs would be just as good and the standard DRLs are quite enough for me!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Was out at the weekend and saw a susuki jeep with LED strips fitted. Had a look on e-bay so many after market LED strips, son everyone will have them. Get as much use out of the DRLs while you can.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Was out at the weekend and saw a susuki jeep with LED strips fitted. Had a look on e-bay so many after market LED strips, son everyone will have them. Get as much use out of the DRLs while you can.
Yeah, I figured we'd start seeing a bunch of copy cat LEDs pretty quickly. Was just hoping it wouldn't be this soon. :( Oh well.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
There are very strict regulations regarding lights on the front of the vehicle. They have to be kite-marked to be approved for road use and installed correctly. I imagine if they take off as retro-fit items there will be a big police clamp down... like blue lights in the dash/grille... 3 points on the license and a fine.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think it takes away from the signature look of the model

·
Registered
677 Posts
I don't like the look with both strips. If the fogs could curl up to match the DRL it might look better but they would not fit in the current grill.

LED are everywhere. I have some for my wifes MINI. The boot and rear seats have no respectable lights. Adding them to the top of the boot and the footwells gave a lot more light when needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The front looks best if you just replace the yelllowish bulbs in the fog lights with more white bulbs to match the color of the LEDs.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts