Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my S5 back in March and paid a £1500 deposit and was expecting to take delivery a week or so ago.

My Audi dealer told me that the car was not showing on their systems and following lots of calls to Germany discovered that my (and two other) S5's were written off in transport from the factory to the train terminal where they were due to be transported to the shipping port.

To re-order my spec car now would mean an October delivery (!) so to be fair to Audi UK, they are trying to resolve the situation by finding me a dealer car that I can have right away although of course this wont be to my spec. They have also offered an RS4 or S6 free of charge between now and October if I want to re-order my S5...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I ordered my S5 back in March and paid a £1500 deposit and was expecting to take delivery a week or so ago.

My Audi dealer told me that the car was not showing on their systems and following lots of calls to Germany discovered that my (and two other) S5's were written off in transport from the factory to the train terminal where they were due to be transported to the shipping port.

To re-order my spec car now would mean an October delivery (!) so to be fair to Audi UK, they are trying to resolve the situation by finding me a dealer car that I can have right away although of course this wont be to my spec. They have also offered an RS4 or S6 free of charge between now and October if I want to re-order my S5...

Any thoughts?
Spec the S5 you want. Get them to be generous on the price (maybe) and hammer away on the car of your choice. I would go for the RS4 convertible if possible. The only problem is both have a bit more power than the S5 and you may not like stepping down to the S5 when it comes in.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jeez, from a purely selfish personal point of view I hope the 'story' you've been given isn't true.

My S5 was due to be built and shipped last week, and today when I phoned the dealer to chase it up I told that 'They can't find the details on the system and it's the salesman who's dealing with your car's day off, and no one else is able to confirm the delivery date'.

I hope I'm not going to receve a call from him tomorrow saying that my S5 was written off in transport from the factory to the train terminal where it was due to be transported to the shipping port.

The story you've been told sounds so unlikely and more like a line to cover up a cock up that meant your order wasn't placed by the dealer. However I suppose it could be true. I'll let you know how my story ends!

·
Registered
99 Posts

Any thoughts?
Do it, RS4 until you get it. Sure it might feel like a step down, but it's an RS4 for crying out loud! These guys are really trying to make up for their mistake, at least it seems. So I wouldn't worry too much about being written off again. S6 would be pretty sweet too, drive around a comfortable car for a couple months then hop into the sporty S5 and have a huge smile on your face :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
I would take the deal, get the car you want and enjoy a long-term loaner. I am surprised they would give a car away like that for a few months. I would think they could find a car in the system that matches your specs and get it to you sooner.

If you do get the RS4 drive the hell out of it! :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would take the deal, get the car you want and enjoy a long-term loaner. I am surprised they would give a car away like that for a few months. I would think they could find a car in the system that matches your specs and get it to you sooner.

If you do get the RS4 drive the hell out of it! :)
AGREED! Couldn't have had said it better myself!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Take them up on their offer for an RS4 or S6. Cannot go wrong with either of those cars until Oct. I'd drive an S6 for 3 months or an RS4 easily.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well I've still got no news on my car, and am beginning to get realy peeved off!!
Local dealers continue to 'know nothing' although they have at last they've admitted that my order's 'gone missing' and is no longer showing up on 'the computer'.
Should be getting a phone call later this morning with some options, but think I might just get a call into Customer Services at Audi UK first.
Any ideas? What would you do in this situation?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well I've still got no news on my car, and am beginning to get realy peeved off!!
Local dealers continue to 'know nothing' although they have at last they've admitted that my order's 'gone missing' and is no longer showing up on 'the computer'.
Should be getting a phone call later this morning with some options, but think I might just get a call into Customer Services at Audi UK first.
I would be firm but polite. Nothing gets done if you shout. Tell them that you need a car and if they can't provide you with one you'll be taking your business elsewhere. Tell them to call you later that day with their proposal. If there's a Merc, Jaguar or BWM (shudder) dealer next door pop in and get a test drive in something nice XKR, CLK AMG, M5 etc and try and be seen doing so.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If there's a Merc, Jaguar or BWM (shudder) dealer next door pop in and get a test drive in something nice XKR, CLK AMG, M5 etc and try and be seen doing so.
-Good Idea, think I might spend Saturday playing!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Be very bold, pull into their lot with the car you are test driving! I'm seriously not suggesting this by the way.

A call the Audi UK couldn't hurt either. If the dealer isn't getting it done and they can't find it then going up the ladder should get things moving.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well its now just gone half two in the afternoon, and despite me chasing the dealers (only to be told the sales manager's not available) I've heard nothing from them today.
Spoke to a nice chap at Audi UK customer service, and he agrees that the car's 'not on the system' and will look into it.
Still waiting for a call back. If I don't hear from either the dealers or Audi UK within the next half hour there's going to be some serious ass kicking down the phone.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Ask to get there regional rep on the phone with you there so you can talk with him about your sitiuation and how it will be resolved. And tell them you need a car and you will be taking them up on their offer for an RS4, but stress until my S5 comes it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just been informed that my car's build date has been put back to Week 38 -that's the end of Spetmeber, and it will be mid October by the time its been shipped and is in my hands. WTF!!!
Not happy. Especially as no-one knows why its been put back, or at least if they do know, they're not letting on. I tell you the shit's already on its way to the fan.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just been informed that my car's build date has been put back to Week 38 -that's the end of Spetmeber, and it will be mid October by the time its been shipped and is in my hands. WTF!!!
Not happy. Especially as no-one knows why its been put back, or at least if they do know, they're not letting on. I tell you the shit's already on its way to the fan.

You'll never get an honest answer about why this happened so don't even try and figure it out. Just let them know how unhappy you are and they should take some consideration off the price because of THEIR mistake. Then tell them you want the RS4 or S6 in the mean time. Until October for free.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Delivery dates been put back EVEN further now, and it's looking like November till my car's going to be ready.
Audi UK have agreed to lend me a car until then, but not sure what model it'll be, and still have to sort out the question of my part-exchange. I only have off road parking for one car (oh and my Triumph Speed Triple) and so really want the dealer to buy my old TT off me now.
Just to throw a curved ball into the equation, over the weekend I found the Audi dealer in the next City along has in his showroom the exact spec car I ordered (except that it's black not grey -but I can live with that). So I'm now seeing if, because of the delays, I can get out of my original order, get my deposit back and go shopping down the road.
As always, friends, I'll keep you posted with updates to my story as they happen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Delivery dates been put back EVEN further now, and it's looking like November till my car's going to be ready.
Audi UK have agreed to lend me a car until then, but not sure what model it'll be, and still have to sort out the question of my part-exchange. I only have off road parking for one car (oh and my Triumph Speed Triple) and so really want the dealer to buy my old TT off me now.
Just to throw a curved ball into the equation, over the weekend I found the Audi dealer in the next City along has in his showroom the exact spec car I ordered (except that it's black not grey -but I can live with that). So I'm now seeing if, because of the delays, I can get out of my original order, get my deposit back and go shopping down the road.
As always, friends, I'll keep you posted with updates to my story as they happen.
After what happened to me I chose to walk away but before I did that - the Regional operations Manager offered me a dealer car from any of the dealers in his region (I had the choice of three) that would be registered and delivered to me within a week. Theses were all spec'd up as you'd imagine and they offered me any of those cars (worth about £46k) for the same cost as the one I had ordered (about £43k) so worth pushing for that if you dont mind black paint / red seats / carbon inlays etc...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well at last I seem to be getting somewhere. The two dealers have agreed to swap their showroom cars (after a bit of intervention from Audi UK), which means that I'll be receiving almost the exact car I ordered off the original dealer.

They've given me a pretty good p/ex price for the old TT too, and so the only little loose end to tie up now is the difference in price between the two cars.

The one I'm getting is one of the highly specced Phantom Black/Red Leather/Carbon Atlas cars that Badger was offered, and seeing as how I ordered Meteor Grey/Red Leather/Carbon Atlas I'm really not too fussed.

I can also live with the fact that its got a few additional toys too, the only extra it doesn't have that I wanted is the Remote Garage Door Opener, but that's not exactly a deal breaker.

Yee-ha, looks like I'm going to be an S5 owner by the end of the week after all.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Congrats! Pics when you get a chance please.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts