Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased (and taken delivery) of an S5 with two tone interior?

The 2008 Audi A5/S5 brochure (USA) states that you can get the car outfitted with Black Leather and Pearl Silver Alcantara seat inserts.

Does anyone have pictures to post?

I'm in the process of ordering an S5 (2009) and trying to choose my interior. Exterior color will be Phantom Black with Carbon Fiber (Carbon Atlas) interior trim.

Just trying to get a sense of the two tone interior as the Magma Red (too bright) and Tuscan Brown (too orange) interior choices are not really doing it for me. I also don't want a black on black car... again!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Here are a few pics of two tone seats with that color combo.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
That first pic looks like a couple of Panda's sat in the car..imagine trying to keep those babies clean. Looks good though. gtlexec, Magma really isn't that bright ?? Looks much more red in most pics than in reality. Tuscan Brown - too orange ???

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have an S5 with the two tone Leather/Alcantara on order. so mine will look just like this.

Tonny
I got mine with the Silver leather, and sometimes regret I didn't get the two tone alcantara - I previously had gray alcantara in my allroad, and it held up perfectly, and stayed clean no problem. I should have gone for the two tone like yours - it is easy maintenance, and the benefits of alcantara are numerous. Not as hot, not as cold, not slippery....

Nice pick!

·
Registered
907 Posts
I've got the silver interior and it does take some looking after to keep clean, but I think it's great. If I were specin the car with a combo, I would definatley have silver in the door panels like I have now ( unlike the pics above )

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes I'm in Arizona so I figured that the two tone leather Alcantara will be really comfortable out here.

Tonny

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First, I want to thank Texcarguy for the photos!

The pics are great and will really help me out in making a decision.

Second, and to Graham's comment... but now I'm totally confused.

According to AudiUSA (AudiTalk is there email response team), the two tone interior comes with Silver Pearl door trim.

So, Texcarguy - how did you get your car with black door trim?

I mean, it looks great either way, but if you ask AudiUSA or go online and build a car with these specs, the door trim will show Silver Pearl and not black.

Help!

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blade -

Funny comment about the Pandas. However, I think with the silver stitching on the steering wheel and gear shift nob, the interior looks awesome.

Per my earlier note to Texcarguy who posted the pics and Graham, I am confused as to why the door trim is black.

The Audi guide here in the US (and online) show that the door trim would also be Pearl Silver and not black.

I take it that not too many folks choose this trim combination in the UK? Is it even offered?

Regards,

George

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi TonnyG

In regards to your comment, see my follow-up to Texcarguy who posted the pics.

Also ask your dealer...with the door trim be Silver Pearl like the website and AudiTalk have told me, or will the door trim be black like Texcarguy's car?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
First, I want to thank Texcarguy for the photos!

<snip>

According to AudiUSA (AudiTalk is there email response team), the two tone interior comes with Silver Pearl door trim.

So, Texcarguy - how did you get your car with black door trim?

I mean, it looks great either way, but if you ask AudiUSA or go online and build a car with these specs, the door trim will show Silver Pearl and not black.
You're very welcome.

Let me just clear something up right away. Those are NOT pics of my car. Those are just some pics I had found in my stash of pics I've been collecting since summer of last year. Those pics are from a Euro spec S5.

Given that Audi provide different specs depending upon which country a car is built for, that should explain why AudiUSA indicates that the door trim will be silver as opposed to black. For whatever reason, Audi choose to have all sorts of variations in specs from one country to the next. It's quite confusing really.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Txcarguy is right as far as I know. for some reason Audi do minor differences in Europe and here on the interiors.
Supposedly US spec twotone has pearlsilver door panel insert while in Europe they are black. I have not seen any real pictures of a US spec two tone so who knows if that is the way my car will show up or not. Right now I have no idea
when I'm getting my car at all. It is obvious that it won't be a 2008 (my dealer had promised me that I was getting a 2008) I can only hope that I'm getting my car in 08.

Tonny

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Gtlexec, no offence meant by the Panda comment ;) and actually I think it looks awesome. Not a fan of lighter upholstery really because it shows the dirt but I could live with that combination. Dont rremember seeing it as an option here in UK

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just looked at my order sheet and it actually lists the doorpanels inserts as black not silver. Now that might just be something in the order sheet so who knows. I guess I will find out whenever (if ever) I get the car.

Tonny

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This just in...

I heard back from AudiUSA.

The two tone leather/alcantara interior option on the S5 is black leather with pearl silver alcantara seat AND door inserts!

To add even more choices, Audi has just introduced their Exclusive Line (launched in Europe) where you can order from an additional pallet of 12 more leather (two tone) color choices as well as exterior paint colors.

All of this will be at an additional cost and will be available with April's new order form for a 2009 build car.

I hope this helps (or adds to the confusion)!

GTL

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine is on the boat

I have DSB ordered with black/silver alcantra interior. It's due for delivery in early May, so I'll know for sure at that time. I'll post pictures as soon as I take delivery.

·
Registered
204 Posts
ksalno
Awesome combination, it was my second choice when I found out that I could special order the color I really wanted. I winded up ordering a Glut Orange (RS4 color) and the black/silver alcantara interior. I really hope the door panel inserts are pearl silver, they look so much better then the all black door panels.

Tonny

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AudiUSA Confirmation on Two-Tone Interior

I just got confirmation from AudiUSA that the two tone Black Leather with Pearl Silver Alcantara seat insert option on the S5 is also applied to the door panel.

Along these same line, I wrote an earlier thread on Audi's Exclusive Line that is being launched here in the US (it's been in Europe for some time now). Again based on confirmation from AudiUSA, this customization is available for the US. However pricing has not been given.

Anyway, it now gives you even more options as there are 10 additional leather choices for a two-tone effect. Heck, you can even pick your stitching color.

It must be the relationship Audi has with Bentley that has brought this to fruition. Bentley are highly configurable/customizable in this way.

GTL

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update to S5 Two-tone interior

I started this post back on 4/12 and to date I have not found anyone that's purchased an S5 with the two-tone interior trim option: Black Leather with Pearl Silver Alcantara seat and door inserts.

Anyone out there that has please respond?

Do you have pics to post and a sense of how you like/dislike the interior?

Many Thanks,

GTL
:confused:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm still waiting for my car. Supposedly dealer was getting a build date anyday on my car. Been promised end of June early July delivery on mine.

Tonny

1 - 20 of 21 Posts