·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think its been released for sale yet Chris, but I'll give them a call to find out. I don't really care too much about any power increase but I would like to hear more from the engine if it can be done without spoiling the general feel of the car.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Thats the resonated system in the video, so there won't be a massive increase in sound. It will be louder but not by much more than the standard system.

I'll wait for them to bring out the non-resonated system, as that will definetly be louder.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I don't think its been released for sale yet Chris, but I'll give them a call to find out. I don't really care too much about any power increase but I would like to hear more from the engine if it can be done without spoiling the general feel of the car.
Keep me posted about that and I would be interested to see what sort of power they reckon to get with it, if its a full manifold back system. On my last turbo car the full Milltek system made a huge difference in mid-range torque and well worth it. Not so NA engines, infact on an R32 I have seen it actually reduces the power/torque.

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Was speaking to Starperformance based in Scotland today. The exhaust will be ready for delivery from the 10th of December at a cost of £840 pounds.

No plans for sports cats as yet. Also no word on when a non-resonated system will be available either.

I may get a custom one made by H&S to get a louder sound as i'm not so sure the Miltek is going to give a big enough effect for the money.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Was speaking to Starperformance based in Scotland today. The exhaust will be ready for delivery from the 10th of December at a cost of £840 pounds.

No plans for sports cats as yet. Also no word on when a non-resonated system will be available either.

I may get a custom one made by H&S to get a louder sound as i'm not so sure the Miltek is going to give a big enough effect for the money.
As you imply this is does not include Sport CATs and that is where the differe nce in performance will be, if anything. They will make the cost over 2k I would guess.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've just had an email from Milltek, their prices are as follows:

Shared components

MSAU 381

CENTRE SECTION

£263.52

MSAU314

BRACE BAR

£18.00

2 x 80mm Jet (inwardly rolled trim) rear silencer

MSAU 382

£216.31

MSAU 383

£216.31

2 x 80mm special (slash cut trim) rear silencer

MSAU 384

£216.31

MSAU 385

£216.31

These prices are ex VAT. At the moment they are saying that they do not anticipate an unresonated version as 'we do not believe a louder option will suit the target market for this application'.....

I guess we need to start petitioning them them to pimp their exhausts....

·
Registered
982 Posts
Thanks Neilatter, could you help me interpret the quote – is this right (below)?

Shared components

MSAU 381, CENTRE SECTION, £263.52 (x1)

MSAU314, BRACE BAR, £18.00 (x1)

Options

MSAU 382, 2 x 80mm Jet (inwardly rolled trim) rear silencer, £216.31 (x1)

MSAU 383, 2 x 80mm Jet (inwardly rolled trim) rear silencer, £216.31 (x1)

Or

MSAU 384, 2 x 80mm special (slash cut trim) rear silencer, £216.31 (x1)

MSAU 385, 2 x 80mm special (slash cut trim) rear silencer, £216.31 (x1)

Total price = £714.14 (£839.12 inc. VAT)

Any idea of the fitting cost?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Sorry mate, missed that - thanks for the clarification.

I'm tempted to visit Milltek and listen to their demo car in action before parting with the cash. I imagine videos don't do it justice (although IMO, the video on the Milltek site does demonstrate a notably more aggressive edge to the exhaust note).

I kind of agree with their point that there's a limit to how far S5 customers will want to go down the 'rude boy' route on what is essentially a fast GT rather than an out-and-out sports car.

What's the general view on the exhaust tips? I think I prefer the 'special' (slash-cut) version to the Jet-tip - I think the latter looks abit too similar to the standard exhaust finishers.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I prefer the slash cut. But i'm just not convinced about the extra sound. If you go to see the demo car you could let us know of first hand if the difference is worth the money.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
What's the general view on the exhaust tips? I think I prefer the 'special' (slash-cut) version to the Jet-tip - I think the latter looks abit too similar to the standard exhaust finishers.
Likewise, 'special' for me too. I thought this immediately... although it does look (dare I say it) a little M3!

...anyone wonder what slash cuts look like after 12 months?

G

·
Im wanting to add an exhaust and maybe some other bits and bobs to my S5, but im just not convinced by anything i have seen or heard yet, and i paid £2k for a serious exhaust system for my Ferrari and i aint paying the same money for my S5:(

Looks like i'll have to wait for someone to come up with something interesting and a decent price :confused:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
How many people on here would want the non-resonated (louder) system. Maybe if there was enough interest then Miltek could be convinced to develop one.

I would definitely be up for it.....anyone else?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
How many people on here would want the non-resonated (louder) system. Maybe if there was enough interest then Miltek could be convinced to develop one.

I would definitely be up for it.....anyone else?
Not me... I like the refined approach!

...Loud enough, but not so loud you need to wear your burberry cap backwards and fit under-car neon lighting.

G

·
Got the below e-mail from a UK company today !!!

I was speaking to my colleague Alex Green in sales and he informed me a few weeks ago that you might be interested in a Milltek exhaust system for your new S5. I told Alex that the system had not been completed yet and I would inform him when it had, well I’m glad to tell you it has now been released. The price for the cat back system is £838.88 inc vat and fitting would take an hour which would be an additional £76.38 inc vat. Milltek will have stock of the system in the 2nd week of January, so we could make a booking for you from the 14th January onwards. If you are still interested and you would like to make a booking or you have any questions regarding this subject don’t hesitate to contact me.

Hmmmmmmmm:confused:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts