Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Audi, in their infinate wisdom, has not produced a winter mat with "S5" on them, I decided to look for an alternative. I have nothing against the A5 but I just don't feel good about "mixing up" the logos. Has anyone any experience with WeatherTech mats (http://www.weathertech.com/)?? The pics of their mats look pretty good and the price seems right. Once snow season gets here, I really would like some protection for the carpets since I will be skiing quite a bit and I always wind up with wet floors. Plus they have color options. I would also assume, since they are a mat company, they will make rear mats and trunk (boot) liners if the demand is there.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I ordered these for the same reasons you are considering them, but I sent them right back. They were very nice, but far from custom made for your car. there was a large gap between the foot rest and the mat, leaving a patch of carpet exposed to whatever drips off of your shoe. More importantly, the holes in the mat meant to fasten to the posts were not far enough apart (it didn't fit) and therefore the slid around. This was a bit dissapointing as they seemed to be of very high quality, but they weren't adequate. The good news is that their customer sevice is excellent. I returned them no questions asked at their expense, and they refunded the full price plus original delivery charges! Maybe the have rectified the issue since, but I would call them first before purchasing. For me, there are now a couple A's in my S. Other than the letter issue, they fit perfectly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts